Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10??

Default Windows 10??

Not much on here about Windows 10, has anyone had any problems yet? Is Beyond okay? I'm going in at the moment, it's downloading - I'll keep you posted...

I'll stick with 7 for the foreseeable future. I'm not going to "fix" something that isn't broke. I have 7 on 3 machines, XP on one and ME on another. I also happen to have 2 or 3 more copies of XP along with one Vista copy.

I have made the move over to Windows 10 and I'm pleased to say that Pangolin QS and Live PRO both look to work fine. I don't own Beyond.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

beyond works fine in 10

Yep, all tested, smooth install and beyond works well, nice looking os, like it so far..

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
    I'll stick with 7 for the foreseeable future. I'm not going to "fix" something that isn't broke. I have 7 on 3 machines, XP on one and ME on another. I also happen to have 2 or 3 more copies of XP along with one Vista copy.
    Holy crap... I thought you were checking off mu computers and installed windows..
    I have to install Win 1o on one of my machines to make sure our LaserBee USB
    drivers and EagleEye software are compatible.

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Why not use ME on all of the machines?
    Because he wants to protect his sanity?

I have to admit that I tend to keep old machines long past their usable lifespan, and thus I, too, have several old XP machines sitting around doing nothing. But even so, I avoided ME like the plague. That's got to be the worst Windows version Microsoft ever released...

Adam

I dislike 8/8.1 because I'm no fan of the Metro user interface. But Windows 10 is supposed to be more like 7, which sounds good to me.

The fact that they offered all Windows 7 users a free upgrade to 10 is probably going to drive a lot of folks to switch. I went ahead and signed up for the upgrade on all my machines. From what I've read from other people (especially Adam LeBay), the laser software I run most often (Pangolin) runs just fine under Windows 10. Of course, the proof will be when I have it running on my own machine, but for now it looks promising.

As for ME, I never used it on any of my machines, but I ended up helping lots of other users with it. And yeah, it crashed often. Vista crashed a lot too, but nowhere near as much as ME did. I quickly learned to hate Windows ME, and if someone called and said "Could you fix my computer" and I found out they were running ME, I'd just tell them to upgrade to XP.

Adam

I never had problems with ME... Then again, I ran it on a PC I built. The very first PC I bought had 98 or 98 SE, can't remember. It was a HP and had all kinds of problems. Then I was introduced to building customs PCs by a friend in the dorms. That was back in late 99/early 2000. I've been building my own ever since then.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Why not use ME on all of the machines?
    Driver availability and I only have one license. I have it running on a P3 machine for old games. Yes, I know you weren't serious when asking that.

Here's the list of what I have. All have legit serial numbers

ME - 1 old gaming system
    XP Pro - 3 1 installed on a PC not in use.
    XP Pro 64 - 1
    Vista Home Premium 32 bit - 1
    7 Ultimate retail (32 and 64 bit) - 1 desktop
    7 Home Premium 64 - 1 Laser show system
    7 Professional 64 - 1 - laptop

Vista was the worst out of those. It didn't have the problems like I had with 98 but I still didn't care for it. I still like the simplicity of the start menu and stuff in ME and XP.
    Last edited by DrEvil; 08-03-2015 at 03:44.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You don't ever really have to deal with the Metro interface on 8.1 if you don't want to. I have two machines - my work computer and home bedroom laptop that both have 8.1 and both strictly stay on the windows standard style desktop. I'll think about 10 but, not 'til after SELEM. I want the least amount possible that can potentially crap out.
    PM Sent...