Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helping another PL member having a tough time

Lightbulb Helping another PL member having a tough time

All,

I think over the years all of us can think of times that have been tough. I know my friends and family would know things had got very tough if I sold one of my lasers or anything to do with my lasers, particularly if the prices were lower than someone would normally pay. This coupled with health issues can make life very hard indeed. I think this is the 1st and in many ways the last time I hope I ever write a message such as this, but I think one of our community could do with a little help. I think many of you have seen the sale of laser stuff from Foxtrot7. I have had some communication with Taylor and life seems to be on the wrong side of great. Coupled with a son, who has a need for major surgery makes the whole situation something I feel deeply sorry about. I have never met him or indeed even remember reading any previous posts, but I wonder if we, as a group could shed a little light on his world, after all it seems he has had to sell a large number if not all of his light sources to help him and his family get through.

What I am suggesting/asking is that we come together in a similar way to how we helped one of our good friends in China when she got left with a large bill for a customer deal gone wrong. I know I spoke to her afterwards and our help made all the difference, not just due to the money, but also due to the fact she felt she had friends, willing to help and was not alone. I cannot afford much myself, as at the moment I would say life is feeling a little unkind, but nothing compared to what this family seems to be going through. If anyone who wants to help could consider how they can help, maybe by someone organising a similar collection to the one we organised for Mimmi then I think we would make a massive difference. I, unfortunately will be unable to organise this as I am about to go PL silent for a few days due to a trip I need to make, but if someone that side of the pond wants to act as intermediary and accept or co ordinate this then that may be the best way. At the very least maybe send a PM of support and if you can afford a dollar or so then I am sure this will mean maybe the son could have a small treat to make his time a little happier at the moment. I have had friends with children who need major surgery and I know this is a terrible time, I feel lucky my children are not having to go through this, plus I gather other things are also challenging in his life. I have sent a small gift directly and if this is the way you prefer to do this then thank you.

Can I finally say Taylor did not ask me to write this, but I have asked if he minded me suggesting this, we have never met and I know no more than anyone else here about the details of the family's struggles, but I just want to help. Anyone else who wants to help jump on board.

Can I just finally say if you cannot or would rather not help then I respect that, I am not meaning to write a begging letter on behalf of another member, just thought I would maybe highlight a chance for any of us who can and want to to provide a little help. Even if it's just a message hoping things will turn out good is one thing we can all do when a member of our community is so obviously having a tough time.

Kind regards

Steve

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Laserhobbit View Post
    ..What I am suggesting/asking is that we come together ..
    Three Cheers, Sir Steve.. I know of a cadre of 4 Gents working on a small deale-o to help out at the moment... Not much, but.. As Gramma taught us all, 'A stitch, in time, saves nine' ..So-true..

Cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I think that is an excellent idea. I have spoken with Taylor a number of times via PM's and, as he is only about an hour and 15 minutes from me, we've talked about a visit for him to come check out the playground but sadly we haven't gotten it scheduled. Seems like a great guy and yes, I know he's in a dark place. I can't even fathom going through being unemployed, potentially losing a house and having a 10 year old needing heart surgery. And... having to sell all your laser gear to help get through.

I was the point person for the situation with Winnie and, I'm happy to do it again although, like you, I will be out of town at SELEM for several days here shortly but, that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe I'll establish a good way for it to work and include it here. I have a separate Paypal address that's tied to a totally un-personal related account to keep things organized and transparent.
    PM Sent...

Also... I will be seeing him in person on Tuesday on my way to SELEM. So, maybe if we act swiftly, I can present him with something by then.
    PM Sent...

Ok.... unless there is objection, we can use: BBLaserproductions@gmail (dot)com There is presently $53 and some change in that account. There is a transfer of $50 that needs to be moved from Paypal to that account which would put it at $103 and some change to start.
    PM Sent...

Donation sent! Glad to help out. (And kudo's to Steve for suggesting the idea.)

Adam

Hi Guy's,

Donation sent!
    I second that what Buffo just say'd, and thanks to Brad for open up his Paypal account.
    All the best for Foxtrot7 and his little son
    Albert

Donation sent. Thanks Steve for the appeal and Brad for doing the leg-work (again).

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I went back and read the Winnie thread. One thing I did in that post was to keep a running list of the names and donations in the thread. I also said if you wanted to be anonymous to just let me know. It's possible Taylor may want to thank people later so I was kind of thinking of doing that again. I don't think the individuals who donated so far would mind if I listed their names but I'll hold off on that to see if there is any feedback on doing that. I also though this time, it may be better to just list names and not dollar amounts. It may be intimidating for some and, no matter the amount, I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.

What I will say is that, thus far in just a few short hours, we're at $430 already.

Way to go guys!
    PM Sent...

Yeah, I agree that there is no reason to post the amounts, but listing the donors is certainly fine with me.

Thanks again for handling this for us Brad on top of the thousand things you already had to do this week.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I went back and read the Winnie thread. One thing I did in that post was to keep a running list of the names and donations in the thread. I also said if you wanted to be anonymous to just let me know. It's possible Taylor may want to thank people later so I was kind of thinking of doing that again. I don't think the individuals who donated so far would mind if I listed their names but I'll hold off on that to see if there is any feedback on doing that. I also though this time, it may be better to just list names and not dollar amounts. It may be intimidating for some and, no matter the amount, I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.

What I will say is that, thus far in just a few short hours, we're at $430 already.

Way to go guys!
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"