Thread: How about a quick game of breakout?

Smile How about a quick game of breakout?

Everyone remembers the arcade classic "Breakout", right? Well, I've found an on-line version (flash-based) that quickly devolves into insanity! Surprisingly, it's rather fun. (Credits to Reddit for the link.)

Here's the link to the game. You start out with one ball, but each time you hit a pixel up top, more balls fall. After a few seconds, you'll start getting cascades of balls, and before long the entire screen is nothing but mayhem! Most games are over pretty quickly, once things really get going.

To start a new game, re-load the page. Give it a shot!

Adam

Dam it! That's good...
    Thanks Adam.

Yet I have a pile of work to get through
    Clearly not going to get done now!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Cool

Hehe... These flash-based games are great for killing time at work, but yeah, if you really *need* to finish something, you probably don't want to start playing this. It's addictive!

Adam

Adam-

Im gonna have to kick your a** next time i see you. LOL, i have been stuck playing this game for the last hour! Its more addicting than Crack! LOL LOL....

Now, back to playing...

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

clear! ........................

Smile

HAHA! Sorry Marc - didn't mean to distract you from your day! But yeah, it is addictive...

I haven't had any problems clearing the level yet, but some people have e-mailed me saying that they can't get the last few pixels. I think they're not taking advantage of all the "cascade" events during the middle of the game though.

During the middle of the game when there are hundreds of balls in play, I look for bands of color that seem to fall in a diagonal line, and I line up the paddle with those lines to capture (that is, bounce) as many of those balls back into play as I can. This ensures that I have enough balls in play to clear the screen at the end. (I normally finish with at least 50+ balls still in play.)

One thing I like about the game is the cool colors it produces during the "mayhem" stage. It's rather hypnotic...

Adam

It's pretty tough until you get the first cascade. I've never been ver good at breakout.

Clear......

...Bump

This is still a viable time waster at work!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

That's very good for taking a break while at work.

I have been using Visikord software https://vimeo.com/123517516 with a kinect and LCD projector at my gigs to play breakout...people love it.

The regular interactive visualizations of visikord are very cool too.... http://www.visikord.com/ I bought this sometime last year and have used it at every gig since.
    Eric in New Orleans

Wow - I totally forgot about this one! Haven't played it in over 5 years. And yep - just as much fun now as it was then!

CLEAR!

Adam