Thread: Totally oddball question...

Default Totally oddball question...

Are any of you guys Baseball card collectors? This is a new hobby of my son Alex's and I have a couple of questions about it. Someone gave him a crapload of cards and I don't know a single person who collects.

Thanks all!!!!

T

KEEP it COHERENT!
    Peace.

DZ Splitter
    2-300mw 532
    1-2W RGB
    Quickshow

I have a bunch of cards from when I was a kid. The last time I bought any was probably around the mid 90s.

Can't help you with the collecting, but can tell you I made the masters for all the holographic cards made by Upper Deck from '95 to '97, like the one here (photographed in bad lighting for the hologram): http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-SPx-33-...item3d00878998

Here's a picture of a master hologram for the '97 FX series on a photoresist plate. The image is a reject because his shoulder is missing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guerrero FX-97.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	48112
    Last edited by Eidetic; 08-11-2015 at 21:18.

I never collected baseball cards but if you had asked about GPK cards, I can help you out there! My collection is quite extensive!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I have garbage pail kids cards but i dont think that counts about 1985 ish. i feel old now as most of them i bought me self by begging my parents for money
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Don't throw anything away without first doing your research. There could be real treasures in that collection...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    I have garbage pail kids cards but i dont think that counts about 1985 ish. i feel old now as most of them i bought me self by begging my parents for money
    I had a large collection from when I was a kid but recently, I have been buying up complete sets. I just picked up the Chrome series... those are actually pretty neat.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.