Thread: trifield meter/emf meter

Default trifield meter/emf meter

I was wondering if any one has plans or schematics for a trifield meter and/or EMF meter, I dont want to buy one but rather try and build one, and not nessealry for the gost hunting stuff but rather find stray or erroneous magnetic or electrical fields and have the ability to reject 60 and 120 hz when needed.

the remade- devices are quite pricy and the kit from Ramsey i dont totally know about, i have played with one but am not impressed

any info would be helpful

thanks
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Trifield meters are generally poor instruments to begin with. Calibrating them is hell without special gear, better to buy something. IMHO, They really don't tell you anything that a high impedance, gazillion turn, shielded ferrite cored coil hooked an audio amplifier will not tell you.

A well built, diode based, field strength meter rated to UHF will tell you the rest.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

... some +twenty years ago a friend and me developed an "E-smogman" for detecting/sensing electric and magnetic emission and 'show' it like a dose rate meter with rising clicks for stronger emission

It was essentially a three-stage OPamp, that amplified the electrically induced micro-voltage in a short antennae wire to maybe 1:900 - the switchable 'magnetic sensor' was a small coil, but the same OPamps to get the amplified pulses.

The overdriven output was then used to switch a LED and give some cracking noise onto a piezo disc ... no more complexity ...

Viktor

Ok cool, my idea is basically a lot of wire around a core and sent to an amp as well or even an O-scope just to see what the spikes looked like, i guess for calibration i would not care that much about as the project was to just see the presence of a signal rather then knowing it's exact amplitude
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

if a ghost gives off EM can't you trap it with a strong magnetic bottle suck it right in busters style. then find its resonant frequency and blow it to pieces or suck down its energy with phase inversion. Trap enough of them and then run a coil through the trapped field to make them run your ipod.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

If Kecked keeps running his IPhone off spirit power he can expect
    a rare home visit from the EPA very shortly. If the EPA guy shows up, remind him "OFF" is not always off and for God's sake don't let him touch any circuit breakers. Remember to put up the "Qualified Electricians Only" sticker on the cicuit breaker too.

LOL,

STEVE
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-26-2015 at 10:52.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

kecked takes a bow and smiles

Thats funny, it took a few min to get the reference from the gost busters movie