Thread: Help with Medialas Mamba elements

Default Help with Medialas Mamba elements

Hi Folks, I am very confused. I am just putting together my first ever laser show, I am using Medialas Mamba elements. It is coming together reasonably well but I am very frustrated. The software comes with some demo shows, one of them has a really cool scene that I would really like to use. Trouble is that there does not seem to be a frame list associated with the show and I can't click on the timeline to select the scene so I can copy it. I can't work out how the hell they have made it work, which is a shame as I really like it and it would fit in perfectly with what I am doing. For detail the show is called A_Forest. Anybody got any ideas.
    Thanks in advance,
    Thorcus the lord of darkness, but only if it is dark. Or deep under water.

I had a look and that show is simply a ILDA file imported as a show. They may have done that to protect the source frames or other aspects of how the show was generated.

In either case you have the entire generated ILDA file, so you can get to any frame you'd like and copy it or aspects of the frame. I am not familiar with Mamba Elements, but in MIII or Mamba II, you simply choose Frames - Insert Framelists and choose the a_forest.ild file and it will import the entire show as a framelist. After that you can go find your frame and copy whatever elements you want from it.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Hi David, thanks very much for that. I will go to my man cave after dinner and try that out. I really want to be able to use it and have no idea how I would go about replicating it. Thanks for your time and expertise.
    Dave.

Bang on Just what I needed, many thanks again, I can play with that now.

Quote Originally Posted by thorcusmodee View Post
    Bang on Just what I needed, many thanks again, I can play with that now.
    Glad that's working for you, Thorcus. Although the Medialas laser software series lacks several features of the higher-end lasershow products, it is thoroughly capable for beamshows and regularly wins ILDA beamshow awards. Not to mention, it is inexpensive, has inexpensive DACs and allows you to export your shows to ILDA format for use in other software packages if you ever want to migrate them to another platform.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"