Thread: DPSS deveation

Default DPSS deveation

I have a question on the acceptable deviation on a typical 532nm DPSS type laser, my thoughts have always been plus or minus of about 2nm and what spawned this flowing thought train in my chaotic reptilian brain is seeing vendors on flea bay advertising a c-mount at 808nm but the spec sheet showing 805nm plus or minus 3-5 nm but still listing it as 808nm, my reptilian brain is coaxing me to hunt down and eat the sellers of these deceptive advertisements but does raise a real question, what is the variance for the crystal pair in a typical DPSS green laser.

I only use the ones claimed to be 808nm center wavelength, at the typical room temps (yes i know being a dragon my room temp may be thought of to be higher then that of the human species but in reality it is the same)
    Last edited by Draco; 08-22-2015 at 03:24. Reason: some spelling
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

The acceptance of the YAG or vanadate is pretty broad:

http://www.northropgrumman.com/Busin...Neodymium.aspx

But the depth of penetration of the diode pump light will depend where you are at in this curve. The 808nm diodes are highly tune-able, thermally. Any single one will work if you mount it on a TEC and adjust its temp to produce the best 1064nm power and beam profile. Expect .25nm/C.

Thank you for the info
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu