Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyond show files and the Pangolin Portal

Laser Warning Beyond show files and the Pangolin Portal

Hi Everyone,

We've just upgraded to Beyond and I have a show to get ready in a hurry. I don't know the whole music set list but it's a 90's dance revival in a marquee at a festival. I found surprisingly little written for Beyond for 3 Lasers on the portal and don't have enough time to start from scratch... I know I can look through the QS show files and import them, but was wondering if anyone knows where else I can look or has anything to share please?

Thanks,

Jasper

This might be a long shot, but have you considered doing it "live" ... ?

Sure, I'll be doing most of it live. But also looking for some Beyond or LD2000 shows that fit the 90's dance music where the satellite lasers are doing something different to the middle one...
    Last edited by gandalfthegrey; 08-24-2015 at 05:13.

OK, I have this sorted now! Thanks

Someone has been kind enough to share their Beyond workspace with me so that's great. I have a lot more really good stuff to work with now which is what I was looking for. Can anyone give any advise please on the best way to achieve getting the satellite lasers doing something different than the middle one working with an AKAI APC 40? I spoke with Pangolin and they said use Quick Capture, I've done this with some degree of success but the software while it appears to be working is throwing up errors.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalfthegrey View Post
    Someone has been kind enough to share their Beyond workspace with me so that's great. I have a lot more really good stuff to work with now which is what I was looking for. Can anyone give any advise please on the best way to achieve getting the satellite lasers doing something different than the middle one working with an AKAI APC 40? I spoke with Pangolin and they said use Quick Capture, I've done this with some degree of success but the software while it appears to be working is throwing up errors.
    You might want to look into the "also-to" feature. It's a good and fairly efficient way to control multiple projectors live. It mainly depends on how many DACs you have running. If you only have one DAC, your options are limited.

If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated! Thought I'd have more time to learn Beyond then a gig landed...

Someone called me last night to explain mapping the number keys to output zones via the preview windows which was great, helped me understand how to do this on the APC 40 also.

Problem is when I 1st started it was working fine and I don't remember changing any settings, now if I select to output to the 2 outer projectors and hit a cue, it turns the middle one off and visa versa. This was working in toggle mode...

Any ideas please? Probably something very simple but has the better of me ;(

You have to select multiple que mode from memory. Next to toggle mode at top of screen...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Thanks WookieBoy, May have to do it that way but it was a lot easier in toggle mode, it was working for a few hours like this. it was easier because cues turned off automatically when a new cue was pressed for the selected output zones in the preview window, while the zone that wasn't selected carried on doing it's thing. I don't know what changed and don't remember changing anything...

Hmmm...been a while since I used beyond in anger, so can't remember other ways of doing this... Hopefully someone with more of a clue will chime In shortly.

Or maybe post a question on the beyond forum?
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?