Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know this laser company? I want to buy from them.

Default Anybody know this laser company? I want to buy from them.

hi, guys.
    Anybody know this laser company?
    website is www.kimlaser.com
    I want to buy from them a 5W RGB laser.

Not heard of them personally but if you want to buy from China / HK, here are some general pointers:

1. If you're in the US and need FDA approval then always check for approval with the FDA! It seems that not all companies that claim FDA approval have it. From previous reports from users on here, it appears some simply don't, others have applied but it's not been granted or is still pending, some have it for 1 or 2 models but not the whole range and more rarely for Far Eastern companies, some actually have it across their range! So you need to check with the FDA that your exact proposed model from your chosen manufacturer, whoever that may be, has approval if it's important to you to use it commercially in the USA / guarantee safe USA import.

2. More well known and tried and tested Far Eastern brands on here are Eightonlight (Lightspace) (Pluto II range - probably the most popular choice on PL) and Able laser. Again, for FDA approvals, you need to check with the FDA! I believe at least some of the models from Able have approval. Unsure of Eightonlight regarding FDA approvals. If you need something more at the budget / lower end, then a few people on here rate Goldenstar. Not sure Goldenstar are FDA approved though.
    Last edited by White-Light; 06-25-2015 at 00:34.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I've not heard of them either but.... what I can tell you from looking at the site, is that it has that "feel" that would scare the crap out of me. Maybe this is a stereotype but, when a Chinese manufacturer expressly states "pink" laser or does something dumb like put an SD card in an 8 watt green, it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling like I'm going to receive anything of quality and post purchase support or warranty is going to be tough if you have problems. As White-Light stated, I would stick with better known brands such as Lightspace and Able. Coincidentally, Able just started a thread about a 5.3 watt RGB tonight.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...722#post314722

I would feel much better about spending the kind of money a projector of that power commands with something from Able or Lightspace before that other company.

As a side question, I have to ask.... is this a first projector or, are you relatively new to lasers? 5 watts is a LOT of power. What situations are you using it for? Inside shows or outside shows? How big of a venue? 5 watts is not a "at home or in your backyard" projector. To generalize, it's more of a mid sized 1500-3000 person venue type laser.
    PM Sent...

That's a fuck*** spammer, link goes to his own website !

We already received their ads by email. Spammer name is Jimmy Xiong.

Take a look a the account : http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...archid=1734631

--- www.neodym.be ---

I suspected that might be the case but, figured I'd answer the question anyway. And... the end resulting answer is the same... no fricking way I'd suggest anyone buy a laser from that site.
    PM Sent...

Hello, Guys, I already bought from them.

The quality is excellent. Brightness.

Guys, if you have many prejudice about Chinese laser, then I have no words.....

in a word, this 5W is very good.

I am not Jimmy Xiong, I am David Shawn from CA,USA.

Don't look down to the new brand.................

David,

How did you manage to get it delivered in 44 hours? In your first post, you were thinking of buying a five watt and asking if they were any good, and the following day.... you've bought from them and it's very good. DHL has very fast shipping as we all know but, that's a bit too quick to be plausible.

You don't necessarily have to answer because, since the first part of your sentence is accurate, as you put it, "you have no words....."

Which might be quite welcomed.
    PM Sent...

Who's flogging wot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dedhorse.gif 
Views:	364 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	47468

Cheers

Yeah, Fri-Wed was the fastest I've ever had order to delivery and that was QUICK!

Also, if you're going to fake a name, go with Dave.

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:44.