Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic LSX question

Default Basic LSX question

basic LSX question...following living lsx manual...did arrow animation..trying to add second event...green line...it just goes on next available timeline. How do I get it to go on first line After red arrow? It won't drag and drop...
    I work nights and when I get on irc chat...no one appears to be awake...Understandably so...
    Just trying to follow the Living manual from the beginning to get the basics down.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

If an event is in the wrong place you can drag it around by clicking on it and move the mouse while holding the mouse button. Drag and drop indeed doesn't work from the new event panel. Make sure the destination is before the red end show marker.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    I work nights and when I get on irc chat...no one appears to be awake...Understandably so...
    Just trying to follow the Living manual from the beginning to get the basics down.
    Hey Rodman! In my experience the chat room goes to bed around 2AM ET and starts to wake up about around 8AM ET, so just give it a couple more hours.

You'd think that folks like CMB who is in Belgium would be up long before then, but he's young and tends to stay up all night.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thanks for the replies...I work till 02:30am Central and get home around 3...kinda dead zone time. ;(

How do I adjust red end show marker? And drag and drop doesn't work in new event panel? I Was thinking it was that red end line that was automatically snapping a new event to the next line below the first event and it's effects lines...Listen to me...talking all LSX-speak! I am starting from the bottom...but Hope to have Something to show eventually. Play with Light-O-Rama to control xmas light strings and rgb strips for lightshows at home...mixed in a few laser anims for Halloween. Understand timelines...Rodman1369 on youtube

Hey Rodman,

The red marker is just drag and drop using the left mouse button. You can also set its location by choosing the 'end marker' which is labeled iwth pop-up help as "Set End of Lasershow". That said, the red line isn't the end of the lasershow, it and the begin time marker are used to define a section of your show that you can then play over and over using the black play button called "playback show for editing and programming". The actual end of show is a black line that shows up when you re-position the red end-marker. That actual end is defined by the length of the tune you've chosen or by setting the Total View time in the Audio dialog.

Drag and drop does not work into a separate timeline window, but I didn't know that until you asked. I tend to just deal with one window and timeline at a time - sometimes while viewing a different one 'in the background' by right-clicking on a different timeline number.

As I type all of this, I realize how difficult it sounds, but it actually is easy once you spend a few hour with it. If you haven't already, I would print out and read the "RealTime2010" document located in your \program files (x86)\LaserShow Xpress \ documentation subfolder. It will run you through much of the editing stuff you will want to know. (I think I read it cover to cover three or more times in the first month I spent with LSX.)

No matter how you look at it, its certainly more difficult than dragging and dropping dancing cartoon icons, but the payoff is much larger.

-David

How are you guys getting your updates, I just tried my update link that was ported to the new site, ,but it still had a 2013 version.
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    How are you guys getting your updates, I just tried my update link that was ported to the new site, ,but it still had a 2013 version.
    eek! i owe you an email. give me two mins.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I have the same situation. May I get one to

PM sent, Maton.

-David

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I need to get my act together and get LSX running again with the most recent version as well. I don't think I've fired it up in a couple years and don't even remember what computer it's on.
    PM Sent...