Thread: Tuning unknown galvos

Default Tuning unknown galvos

Hey guys...

I purchased a couple of inexpensive Chinese made RGB projectors off of Ebay a few years ago. The scanners have never been tuned optimally, but now they have drifted to the point of being unacceptable to me.

This is the item I got...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Promotiom-10...item2a2692001c

Unfortunately, they didn't come with any schematic for the amps showing what pot is which, so I'm sort of flying blind here.

What I have figured out is that the twelve potentiometers in line are a "mirror" of the other channel. For example, the pot on the far left is the horizontal position (offset?) and the pot on the far right is the vertical. It will make better sense when you look at the photo and see how I've labeled them.

I have thus far been able to label the position, size and gain pots, but I'm unsure about which are the high and low frequency damping, and then I'm unsure as to what the additional pot is for each channel.

Does anyone recognize this projector and/or amps that can direct me to a schematic? If not, how can I determine what these other three pots are on each channel?

Thanks reading and for any help/advice!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150827_172023.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	3.13 MB 
ID:	48271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150827_172103.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	48270

The galvos are from the same factory which makes the AL galvos.
    These galvos might be either AL20k or AL25k.
    I'm not at home (I am in Israël with my girlfriend right now) but I will link the reverse engineered work of mine in a little bit (have it on my dropbox lucky you)

Awesome! Yes, I believe the galvos are 20k.

Anxiously awaiting your findings!

Never mind! I found your awesome reverse engineering thread of these amps here -

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...nner-amplifier

I was anxious and hit up Google! He he! :P

Great work! And thanks! Going to tune these puppies to 30k!

That's it! C:
    I was hesitant of releasing it at first but I thought back that the community also does a lot for me so it was fair in my opinion to share it.