Thread: Editing APC40 layout in Beyond

Default Editing APC40 layout in Beyond

I sent out a few PMs asking this question and I guess it would be better to just post it here.

How difficult is it to edit the existing v3.2 or v3.4 layout of the APC40 template in Beyond? I want to edit the "crossfade" slider at the bottom to control the Gain in the Audio tab instead of the color cycle. I am having a lot of success messing around with the FFT function in Beyond. Several of the cues I have create can't really us the same gain setting though and I want to keep control consolidated to the APC40. Please let me know if there is a guide for editing the layout. I am going to scrub through the Pangolin forum to see if there is something posted about it. In the mean-time, I figured I would ask here.

Thanks, guys!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

That's a good one. I haven't been able to find any commands or objects that represent that gain slider in the audio tab. I'd be interested in finding out an answer as well. Did you post to the Pango forums?

I have changed a few things on the layout, by going to MIDI settings. But for something like gain control, I bet you can disable the color selection in MIDI settings, and use PangoScript to write a gain fader, and then map it to that fader. A bit of work (possibly), but I do imagine that working!

Thank you for the replies. I am going to give this a go and see if I can't get that edited. If I can, I will be sure to post my results here.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.