Thread: power supply +-24v.

Default power supply +-24v.

Hi, friends.

I'm looking for a power supply for galvos (PT-30/PT-40). And I do not find any with the features this type of source. (+ 24v / common / -24V). Three cables (red / black / yellow) to power amplifiers galvo.

All I find are sources of 24v. But none with the possibility of + -24V using common as "neutral".

I tried searching even with the reference power supply manufacturer, but can not find any replacement.
    Do you know where I could find a (reasonably priced) or could solve the problem with a similar source?

Best Regards.
    Juanma.

I believe Pangolin and somewhere on PL there is a diagram showing how to connect two +24V power supplies together to get a +24v/-24V differential. I don't have a link handy for you though. There should be several historic discussions of it if you do a bit of searching through PL.

Alternatively, there are suppliers that make a +24V / -24V power supply. For example Digikey sells five including this one: http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...319-ND/1634157 I have also found some on AliExpress after looking for a long while.

Sorry, but I don't have any knowledge of continental European suppliers though.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by juanma666 View Post
    Hi, friends.

I'm looking for a power supply for galvos (PT-30/PT-40). And I do not find any with the features this type of source. (+ 24v / common / -24V). Three cables (red / black / yellow) to power amplifiers galvo.

All I find are sources of 24v. But none with the possibility of + -24V using common as "neutral".

I tried searching even with the reference power supply manufacturer, but can not find any replacement.
    Do you know where I could find a (reasonably priced) or could solve the problem with a similar source?

Best Regards.
    Juanma.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Hi, dkumpula.
    Thanks for the info.

If you can ... please send me the link AliExpress where is the power supply of +/- 24v.
    I usually buy them, but kept looking and found none (all were +24v.)

Best Regards.
    Juanma.

Hi, friends.

In case of not finding the correct power supply ... the diagram is correct, to connect two power supply 24v and get diferential of +/- 24V.?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sshot-2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	48293

Best Regards.
    Juanma.

Hi, friends.

Use two of these ...
    Ground, can be common for AC 240V. and +/- 24v DC.?

http://es.aliexpress.com/item/AC-100...347045259.html

Best Regards.

Juanma.

If correct this diagram ... with dual output power supply; more interesting for me because I use a source like this for galvos?

Can you help?

http://www.ebay.es/itm/161315436652?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

AC 240v.
    24v DC.
    5 Amp.
    120 W.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sshot-4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	48294

Best Regards.

Juanma.
    Last edited by juanma666; 08-30-2015 at 13:25.