Thread: Laser has strange color problem

Laser Warning Laser has strange color problem

just recently one of my 2 watt rgb lasers has decided it doesnt like red. It likes the color orange..but when its on auto the red it fine..but as soon as its on quick show orange..even if i force it to change to red..but if i plug in phoenix i can get red..so im lost..its a cr laser surpass-7 mk3
    Last edited by Djgmt; 08-27-2015 at 20:05.
    This is where i put all the lasers i have..and thats a lot..probably not enough space.

Does the problem follow the DAC, meaning, if you hook up a different projector to that same DAC, does it still exhibit the problem?
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Have you checked the colour and output settings in Quickshow in the projector settings page? It sounds most likely as though there could be a setting issue although you couldn't rule out a FB3 issue, although it usually self diagnoses faults.

It's not going to be the laser if it's fine with other software / DACs so the issue most likely lies in the software setting or DAC as absolum mentioned.

My primary advice would be check the QS colour settings and colour voltage settings.

so last thing i have tried is hooking up another laser out of the ilda out ..and the other laser works well..I thought i was a red issue but ive worked out thats its the green that doesn't turn off. what i cant work out is why its fine on auto and running phoenix through lida but quick show it has issues but the other laser on the same connection
    works fine..
    This is where i put all the lasers i have..and thats a lot..probably not enough space.

I suspect it might be something to do with the green being TTL modulation (the 7 in the projector model suggests its 7 colours, which is what you get with TTL)
    It might not be grounding properly because of the projector ILDA connections. I'd look into whether FB3 has differential colour signals vs Phoenix having single ended as a starting point.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Ok thanks ..done a bit more investigation and its not red thats a problem its green that wont turn off..

Check and see whether your green laser is connected to the green lines on the ILDA connector, or whether its connected to the intensity. If its intensity then it'll come on any time any colour is being displayed, and it will be on full power as intensity is usually on or off, not analogue.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.