Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyond update?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    You get free upgrades for life for the level you purchased. In the case of Beyond, the SLE version equates to Essentials for most people.
    I realize that's the way it is now, but did I miss-hear what Bill said last year? Am I the only one who heard it that way? It was over a year ago, but I thought he said that early adopters of Beyond would have all features enabled for now. In the future, Beyond will be sold with different levels, but our early versions would always have access to the advanced features as well as future upgrades. Like I said, it's really not a big deal to me (now), I'm more curious if I heard it wrong, or if Pangolin changed their story. For now, the feature I don't want to lose is the ability to import LD shows into Beyond. So I'm not upgrading to 2.1 yet (even though I get the nag screens each time) because I don't know what's inclusive of Essentials yet and what I might lose if I do upgrade... something I thought I didn't have to worry about. But it is possible I just heard it wrong.

You can run 2.0 and 2.1 as separate programs.

^^ Correct, so your version 2.0 of Beyond (or SLE or whatever you want to call it) will remain fully functional but frozen in time, and receive no further updates.
    2.1 will then continue to be updated at whatever level you paid for.

As has been said, format will not be compatible between the 2 so you might end up in a mess, especially if your Essentials subsequently gets something 2.0 hasn't got, but you are using some of the advanced functionality in 2.0, such as 3D
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Or, in more technical terms "kludge."

Well, otherwise they may as well have given everyone an Ultimate license for life and been done with it.
    Somewhere along the line you will feel the impact of having an Essentials license, if that's all you purchase.

If you're happy with 2.0 as it is, just continue using that.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.