Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyond update?

Default Beyond update?

Beyond is telling me an update is available. I have build 699 which is the newest version I can find on the website. Is it a bug or have they not updated the website yet?

2.1 is out. (V776)
    Email Justin for an update.
    You'll need to have them update your licence file/s.
    Get's you Essential features. You will need to purchase upgrades to higher versions.
    Shows saved in 2.1 are not backward compatible, but Universe, frames etc are.

I already e-mailed them and have the license. Just need to find 2.1.

All 2.0 Beyond licenses will need to be upgraded to allow Beyond 2.1 to run. Beyond 2.1 is not really an "update". It is new software that uses a new file format for saving shows and also uses a new license file. This is why you have to have your license file upgraded.

If you paid for Beyond, you will get the 2.1 version for free. If you received your 2.0 licence at SELEM (for free), then it will not allow you to run Beyond 2.1. To run the new version you have to buy it. Note that you can still continue to use Beyond 2.0 for free as long as you want. Also, users of Beyond 2.1 will still be able to open laser shows that were created and saved using the 2.0 version. But 2.0 users will not be able to run any shows created using the new 2.1 version.

Adam

So. If I bought Beyond last year at SELEM along with an FB3, what new Beyond version do I get upgraded to?

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    So. If I bought Beyond last year at SELEM along with an FB3, what new Beyond version do I get upgraded to?
    Most likely you have essentials unless you paid several thou last year...

BTW, the 'new version' message is simply a timer event. It comes up whether or not a new version is available. It is/was based on Pangolin's predicted release schedule. It just so happens it coincides with the 2.1 release imminently.
    It comes up even on machines not conected to the web, so it couldn't possibly know there's a new version out.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I'm guessing you bought "Beyond SLE" (Special launch edition) Users who bought SLE have been offered 2.1 Essentials for free! Nice!

As I understand it, you're still able to run 2.0 alongside 2.1 - so in essence you have two pieces of software at your disposal.
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

I just thought I remember Bill saying that the early adopters of Beyond (including all features/levels) would be getting free upgrades in the future... not just upgrades to Essentials. Now not that I think I need any of the advanced features now, but I may in the future. For instance, is the ability to import LD Shows into Beyond part of Essentials?

You get free upgrades for life for the level you purchased. In the case of Beyond, the SLE version equates to Essentials for most people.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.