Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lasever 200mW 532nm

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Um... don't you mean "heat sink the head and driver"? Insulating them would make them get even hotter because the heat couldn't get out.

Adam
    Yes of course I was thinking of heat sink the head and driver!
    Sorry english is not my first langage and sometimes I do mistakes

In this case my heat sink for the laser head is a big piece of aluminium, 20mm tickness (to adapt the beam height), and this piece is fixed on the base plate. The driver is just fixed on the base plate. All without thermal grease. This works very well, nothing get warm, and everything is connected to ground

SBK:

I like the white case you're using for that green laser projector... Where did you find it, and how much did it cost? (If you don't mind me asking, that is...)

I see you're using the wide-move scanners too... I've read a lot of nice things about those units!

Adam

This one?

I found it there : http://www.distrelec.com/ishopWebFront/home.do, something like item n° 300041,a ~50$. It was good but not big enough for a multi-laser config...

I don't use it any more, I'm using this one now for my RGB projector, 100% home made

Widemoves very are good and reliable scanners, especially for beam shows. Still very fast at 90° optical angle!! But for graphics, they do a good job but at max 24-26k only, and at big scan angles. They don't like small steps.
    You can see some pictures of graphics drawed with my M9024 here

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    I'm using this one now for my RGB projector, 100% home made
    I like that one. Nice use of space and clear plastic. Good rigidity and simple layout for heat removal.

Widemoves very are good and reliable scanners, especially for beam shows. Still very fast at 90° optical angle!! But for graphics, they do a good job but at max 24-26k only, and at big scan angles. They don't like small steps.
    Indeed not. I like them, especially for that small difference in step response over a large angular range, but that dislike of small steps has an adverse effect even on beam show use, although the thing I'm thinking of doesn't look as bad in the air as it does on a screen. If you're willing, and able to use a wave file as X/Y scan source, can you try one for me?
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...0862#post20862
    There's a rotating line scan there, hysteresis shows up as a clumsy inaccuracy when each scanner is making its smallest movements. If anyone is willing to try it on other scanner types, I'm keen to know the result. I'd test it myself if I had access to some.

Yes I worked hard to do a great case design with a small size (400x250x180mm for 0.8W RGB), with sealed optical enclosure and other great things But as you can see it's not finished, I'll write a topic on it when it's ready...

About M9024, I never suffered of its dislike of small steps for beam show Maybe I'm programming only enough big steps in my shows...
    I'll try your test file, but isn't it more easier to draw a rotating single line in a standard lasershow software with blanking desactivated, and increase the scanning speed?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    This one?

I don't use it any more, I'm using this one now for my RGB projector, 100% home made
    Your new one is awesome! Very nice design. What happend to the one in the picture above?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

The old one is sleeping in my working room, I don't use it any more... I think I can sell it if anyone want it...

Talking

That'd be awesome... I bet shipping to the US would be A LOT though. You couldn't fit everything for an RGB in that? nevermind I see how big it is... DOH!
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 05-20-2007 at 23:24. Reason: DOH!

I think it's too small to put a RGB config into it. You can have an idea of the size by looking at this pic : http://sbk.phalkin.com/Lasers/Easyla...8/PICT1580.jpg
    Nevertheless, it is yours for 30$ including shipping... But the front and back aluminium panels are already drilled as you can see on pictures...

Nice equipment (especially the bottle under the laptop) I have similar equipment