Thread: what type of laser diode is this?

Default what type of laser diode is this?

I need help identifying this laser diode, it is from a cystalaser dpss green, it finally pooped out after over a decade of use. i think it is a CT-Mount but i am not sure, the red arrow is the direction of emission

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laserdiode.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	48344
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

808 c mount but brand cant say nor power

808 c mount but brand cant say nor power yea that was a helpful post!

The beam comes out from the top and the the direction of the arror, you need to click on the picture to see it, on C-mount devices i have seen the beam is at a right angle , i will post a pick of it in the laser
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Here is an updated picture, this is in a working laser even though it's a but dirty, oddly this is the laser that had be stubble into the great forum!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	48351

I made a mistake in the picture, the C-mount view is from the side, i forgot to put that in the picture
    Last edited by Draco; 09-08-2015 at 18:17. Reason: errors

I am now thinking i may need to just scrap it and use the optics in a different experiment. it would have been nice to rebuild it as i can get upto 80mw if i crank it up, the driver can goto just over 800ma at the diode

I found a vendor called junktronics that has a diode that may work for me, it seems that i always get the devices with the odd parts, the problem i run it to if i where to convert the device too a c-mount is there is not enough clearance and height, The screw would literaly be right where the TEC is, in the future i mat make up a adapter, the copper block that i now have a spare of might work very well and i can move that assembly back about 1 cm for clearance
    now i wish i had not sold my only one that did use a normal c-mount diode, the guy i sold it to tried to scam me, saying it was taking in 3 times the current, wanted a new one but when i requested it back for repair or a refund he stopped replying to me

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

junktonix is a member of this forum and a super good guy to do business with. you're in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    I found a vendor called junktronics that has a diode that may work for me, it seems that i always get the devices with the odd parts, the problem i run it to if i where to convert the device too a c-mount is there is not enough clearance and height, The screw would literaly be right where the TEC is, in the future i mat make up a adapter, the copper block that i now have a spare of might work very well and i can move that assembly back about 1 cm for clearance
    now i wish i had not sold my only one that did use a normal c-mount diode, the guy i sold it to tried to scam me, saying it was taking in 3 times the current, wanted a new one but when i requested it back for repair or a refund he stopped replying to me