Thread: DIY Oscilloscopes for £38

Default DIY Oscilloscopes for £38

Not sure how suitable these are for everyone's purposed, but I came across these on Bang Good. The end product looks pretty professional, is very compact and comes with the housing. So I thought they might be of interest to some for electronics if not laser. Uses the ATmega64 AVR Microcontroller according to the description:

http://www.banggood.com/DSO068-DIY-O...-p-981017.html

I have one of the early models. I fitted it into a die cast enclosure. I will dig it out and take some pics.

Handy portable that fits in a brief case.
    This space for rent.

Usually these scopes are really bad.. they just don't have the power to process properly or with huge overshoot or terrible frequency range.. Most proper digital oscilloscopes use a DSP instead of like an atmega chip which is very slow.

Yeah, that's very basic, i would not trust that at anything above audio frequencies, it's ok to just mess around with but saving up for something that has a dsp or better quality would be worth it, I my self use an older fluke combi scope, it has a crt so it's not as portable but that style of scope are cheap these days
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Go for a rigid ds1052e or something