Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New implosion method

What is more interesting is the incompressible liquid idea to make the pressure from whatever source uniform on the pit

Let's not split the atom. It has ready been done.
    This space for rent.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Let's not split the atom. It has ready been done.
    are you going to eat all those atoms?

no. i'm not very hungry. want to split them?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

From what i know in a plutonium based device the explosives that cause the plutonium core to "weld" into a super-critical mass are based on a very critical design of the explosive that is used, they form a lens of sorts that allows a uniformity in the explosive that compensates for the slightly different burning speeds of the explosive that is used, the result is a uniform compression of the plutonium core, that results in an uncontrollable fission chain reaction that we know and so love. In a hydrogen bomb the result of this first chain reaction generates X-rays at an enormous quantity, this is the main trigger for the fusion reaction with the hydrogen isotopes present in a hydrogen device.
    using explosive compounds instead of a magnetic field is a hell of a lot easier to produce in a portable device.
    Now for testing that both the Russian's and we in the USA conduct in experiments to verify that or aging nukes will still work resulted in a device called a flux compression generator (to the best of my knowledge) This was a one time use only device that was connected to a massive capacitor bank, it also contained explosives in the device once set off the explosives cause a forward moving magnetic field that is very powerful and focused, a number of years ago the magazine of popular mechanics had info on this type of device that Russia invented.

On another note i have been getting the parts needed for a coin crusher, the fire from a neighbors house sadly destroyed my capacitor bank and badly damaged the pole pig i had and a separate 0-30kv power supply made by glassman highvolage, that company surprised me, they literally made me new meters for the damaged power supply, it;s from the mid 1980's and i was shocked that they made me two new meters so it's now totally restored to working condition.

oh and for the record i have been visited by the scary government monkeys over my fireworks hobby and they found out about my other "plans" but in the end left me alone as i am harmless unless some one would send a dragon slayer my way, then i would have to be forced to defend myself, i would pitty them for there in-vane attempt as i have high voltage stuff, laser stuff and fire arms for the last resort
    Last edited by Draco; 09-09-2015 at 07:59.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu