Thread: New Lasever ML

Default New Lasever ML

So I've had a problem with the Lasever 473ML 100mw. The first one came in the mail fired up and in about 40 seconds went out. The 2nd one lasted for about 3 months then got knocked down to about 40mw. I just got the new one in it's completely redesigned.

Is it working well this time?

It's strange to put a fan directly on a flat surface of the laser, and not on a heat sink... It's not the best way to go I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post

It's strange to put a fan directly on a flat surface of the laser, and not on a heat sink... It's not the best way to go I think.
    I was thinking the exact same thing, with cooling you want to increase the surface area to allow for the most efficient cooling, is there maybe a hole in the metal there so it acts as an intake for the metal chamber?

I don't see a hole in these pictures.
    This laser seems like an unfinished prototype, with the back of the laser not closed, the wires of the inside components are apparent, and the fan's cables are not into the main cable...

But if the fan were mounted directly to a flat surface it wouldn't allow for any air movement, just probably an increase of heat, which could lead to a burn out of the motor itself. However, I agree it does seen like an unfinished good.

Actually if you look closely on the first picture you can see differences in the surface between the fan blades, you can also see the copper-like color that is also visible from the back view.

Yeah There is a hole in the metal chamber. It fired up just fine. Took about 2 min to stabilize. But looked great after that. It got warmer that the last model. Tomorrow I'll be mounting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post

Yup. Its a waste of a fan imho.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Lightbulb

Yea... That fan looks to do about nothing from my perspective. Although, sounds like it makes it warmer... maybe it is a heater.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Well the laser would transfer heat to the metal casing so the entire surface area of the inside of the case would act as a heat sink. Of course it would be less efficient than say a heat sink, however, I think it would cool more surface area than the heat sink on the Lasever U models.