Thread: FB3 problem only on laptops

Default FB3 problem only on laptops

Hello,

I have been trying to get QuickShow running on a couple of my laptops but am having a problem.

I have installed the latest QS build and the latest FB3 drivers direct from the Pangolin site. Both installed without issue.

When I run QS, it can see the FB3. In device manager, the FB3 is listed and indicates "This device is working properly.". The FB3 LED is illuminated Yellow.

When I select a cue and click "Enable Laser Output" the FB3 LED lights a very dim Red and I get no output.

I have tested this with 2 different FB3s on 2 different laptops and have the same results. Both FB3s work fine on my desktop machines.

I have made sure that all the USB ports (on both laptops) are set to not "suspend".

One laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) on an i3 Intel processor with 8GB RAM.

The other is running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) on an i7 Intel processor with 8GB RAM.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

ED

Did you follow the setup wizard.

Check here http://www.pangolin.com/QS/screensho...ens-setup.html projector settings.
    This space for rent.

Hello,

Yes, I went through "Quick Setup" when the software installed and again just now, just to be sure.

ED

I suspect your machines does not deliver high enough current/voltage to the USB port. If you have a USB HUB with external power, try using that to see of it solves anything.

One check would be to charge a smartphone using the USB port. If it takes "forever" charge the phone, that is a good indication.
    r" t
    What comes to mind, is that some laptops also have setting in the BIOS for enabling/disabling power out of the USB port. Check to see if your laptop have this setting.

I only have laptops, and have never experienced any trouble what so ever, and have daisychained up to 4 projectors without any issues.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Hello,

Thank you for the ideas.

I checked the bios of both laptops and found that USB charging is active in both.

I too thought power may be an issue, so I connected an Anker powered USB hub to each laptop/FB3 but had the same result.

One laptop has USB 2.0 and the other USB 3.0. I get the same results regardless.

I'm not sure what I am missing.

Thanks again for the ideas.

ED

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

This may sound simple but, check the zone the cue is supposed to be going to and make sure that FB3 serial number is set to output to that zone. I run multiple FB3's frequently and sometimes have gotten frustrated when it's simply been I wasn't sending "Hot Beams" to that particular FB3.
    PM Sent...

Hello,

Thank you Brad.

I have "Zone 1: Scanner 1 Main" (the one I use most) mapped to the FB3 on both laptops.

The FB3 LED still goes dim Red when I click "Enable Laser Output".

I am baffled by this problem.

I welcome any ideas.

ED

Get in touch with Pangolin. I had this problem a while back, and it turned out to be an issue with Quickshow!
    The LED was dim in my case, but I did still have output.

Just a thought ...but there is a really annoying slider gadget next to the zones setup which starts in the 10% output power position or something equally useful ... did U see this?
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thinking2.gif