Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just starting. Is everything working correctly? Laserworld DS-900 RGB

Default Just starting. Is everything working correctly? Laserworld DS-900 RGB

Greetings all.

After many years of hoping to get into amateur laser projection I finally found a seller who was offering a Laserworld DS-900 RGB and Pangolin with the FB3 at a price that was within my budget.

I've been toying around with it in my darkened living room for the past few days and I'm absolutely thrilled.

There is one glaring issue that has been bugging me and I would love some insight from the community here.

The green projections seem to be muted, or even invisible at times.

Even with the standard test projection, the p (or is the o) in TOP doesn't render completely. The green beams seem muted, if even present, and the combined white of the r, g, and b diodes seems much more violet than white.

I have attempted to adjust the mirrors, but this doesn't seem to be an alignment problem as much as an emission problem.

I have contacted the original seller, and his explanation to me was that Quickshow utilizes a palette of colors and that the green laser in the ds-900's wavelengths are slightly off from this palette, thus resulting in the lack of green. He went on to say that this is a standard problem with entry level lasers, no matter the brand.

I have opened the top of my laser's casing, but it would seem as though the diode's are buried deep within, making them challenging to gain access to.

I'd really love to receive some insight from all of you. Is this a known issue? Or is the green diode malfunctioning. If it is indeed malfunctioning is there a manner in which I can hope to repair it? I believe that servicing the laser is not feasible as I'm not the original purchaser.

I simply want to make sure that this projector, which may be entry level but is a big deal (and a hefty chunk of change for me) is running at its optimal performance.

Thank you all for your time, and I am thrilled to be a new entrant into this community.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by kipperavl View Post
    Greetings all.

After many years of hoping to get into amateur laser projection I finally found a seller who was offering a Laserworld DS-900 RGB and Pangolin with the FB3 at a price that was within my budget.

I've been toying around with it in my darkened living room for the past few days and I'm absolutely thrilled.

There is one glaring issue that has been bugging me and I would love some insight from the community here.

The green projections seem to be muted, or even invisible at times.

Even with the standard test projection, the p (or is the o) in TOP doesn't render completely. The green beams seem muted, if even present, and the combined white of the r, g, and b diodes seems much more violet than white.

I have attempted to adjust the mirrors, but this doesn't seem to be an alignment problem as much as an emission problem.

I have contacted the original seller, and his explanation to me was that Quickshow utilizes a palette of colors and that the green laser in the ds-900's wavelengths are slightly off from this palette, thus resulting in the lack of green. He went on to say that this is a standard problem with entry level lasers, no matter the brand.

I have opened the top of my laser's casing, but it would seem as though the diode's are buried deep within, making them challenging to gain access to.

I'd really love to receive some insight from all of you. Is this a known issue? Or is the green diode malfunctioning. If it is indeed malfunctioning is there a manner in which I can hope to repair it? I believe that servicing the laser is not feasible as I'm not the original purchaser.

I simply want to make sure that this projector, which may be entry level but is a big deal (and a hefty chunk of change for me) is running at its optimal performance.

Thank you all for your time, and I am thrilled to be a new entrant into this community.
    please show pictures..

"I have contacted the original seller, and his explanation to me was that Quickshow utilizes a palette of colors and that the green laser in the ds-900's wavelengths are slightly off from this palette, thus resulting in the lack of green. He went on to say that this is a standard problem with entry level lasers, no matter the brand."

no.. your seller needs to layoff the bathtub meth.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post

"I have contacted the original seller, and his explanation to me was that Quickshow utilizes a palette of colors and that the green laser in the ds-900's wavelengths are slightly off from this palette, thus resulting in the lack of green. He went on to say that this is a standard problem with entry level lasers, no matter the brand."
    >
    no.. your seller needs to layoff the bathtub meth.
    Yeah... that stuff will kill you. Or have a buyer looking to kill you. Total BS.
    PM Sent...

Try going to view- projector settings- color setting. Then set to ttl. See if that helps. Not sure if your projector is analog or ttl but this will help test your green at full on/ off.

All the Laserworld DS series are incredibly short on GREEN (they are analogue Not TTL however!)
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Try going to view- projector settings- color setting. Then set to ttl. See if that helps. Not sure if your projector is analog or ttl but this will help test your green at full on/ off.
    In the specs it's listed as analog. Turning on TTL rather than Analog definitely does boost the green output, but not tremendously.

The next question I would have would be is it A) Possible to modify it with a new green diode and B) Is it worth it?

All the DS series projectors I have had contact with are still under guarantee so I can not fiddle with them yet.

However IMHO ....YES ... well worth boosting the green power since otherwise your "White" will be just a lighter shade of Magenta than the normal Magenta.... they never seem to give anything even remotely resembling white !

Never done it tho...and diodes are not easily accessed ....so if U do decide to go ahead and replace green diode pls post pics, and description of the experience, since I will have to do the same thing with a couple of DS1800s in about six months !

Thanks
    Cheers

Laserworld strikes again....
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Inevitable really ...clients buy them from online shops with supposed "Guarantees" and free shipping, then call you when something doesn't look quite right when they try to use them.

On the other hand they do generate a long procession of new though not very good clients!

Also once they are out of warranty period you can replace the guts and the boxes are fine!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Never done it tho...and diodes are not easily accessed ....so if U do decide to go ahead and replace green diode pls post pics, and description of the experience, since I will have to do the same thing with a couple of DS1800s in about six months !
    I've contacted Laserworld but received no response.

I'd love to know if anyone here has had any experience with modifying a DS series projector.

Although I'm not an electrical engineer, I do have a friend who is a highly competent one.

The two things I'd like to know are what would be a suitable replacement diode (with more power) and the basics of modifying this type of projector.

I've been searching through the Modification sub of this forum, and haven't found much information.