Thread: OPSL NOT MINE!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default OPSL NOT MINE!

This makes me want to puke..

RGB OPSL on Verdi Psus with a seller that has no idea of what he's doing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COHERENT-VER...item1c47131aaa

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The question is... if someone were to get it Do you?
    PM Sent...

Of course he does !
    Cheers

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I would not have put the unshorted diode wiring exposed on a pallet during shipping. Nor would I then fired them up without calling Coherent for the diode upper and lower current limits and doubling crystal TC thermal parameters etc. .. I'd also have obtained the factory test sheets for each laser head.... If its been man-handled I'd probably do a visual on the head internals, in borrowed clean room or laminar hood.
    I've used the Verdi PSU at a former employer, its beautiful, but some parameters can easily be changed. I'd want them nailed down before I went to full current.
    These have been re-programmed by the Coherent factory as experimental PSUs, who knows what they did to them to make this lash-up. Three PSUs, one fan suggests that the PSUs might need to talk to each other... They do have thermal management systems in the PSU, I'd like to know how those are set up.
    There are some control menu manual inputs for daily startup/interlock that he not know how to access, too. "Fault Active" suggests that may be the issue. That current knob has a built in pushbutton, most beginners with Verdi miss the fact that the knob is a "mouse" of sorts.
    In other words, Yes, I could.... But I would have NEVER assumed the experimental PSU lash-up was correctly set up for an un-trained operator.
    I'm not sure I'd invest. I'd fly down and check the damn thing before I did at 8K$... Problem with that is it always makes the current owner greedy if they work. I think two of them are missing the collimators... 8K is a seriously large chunk of my current yearly pay.
    What might be saving blue and green is the lack of a certain plug in the rear. That and the fact that he may not know how to set the display contrast, either that or the left PSU in the picture has issues. Its adjustable because you often mount these under or above the optical table, so the contrast has a wide range to adapt the LCD's viewing angle. The PSU one in the picture has good LEDs, but a black display. There are exactly two ways I know of to get a black display, one of them is operator error, the other is not so good news.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 10-07-2015 at 06:12.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...