Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLEM 2016!!!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default FLEM 2016!!!

This is the official "remind me in a week if I haven't posted about it" reminder for buffo to call the Triangle Boat Club about February 19th-20th weekend. Um.....well???
    I just booked an event on the day I should be driving down (my birthday) so, I'm already starting to get work issues creeping into that weekend that I'm going to have to have covered.
    PM Sent...

Marking my calendar!!

Thanks for the reminder, Brad!

I just sent an e-mail to the boat club asking if those dates are available. I'll reply back here as soon as I have an answer.

Adam

EDIT: Date has changed - see further posts in this thread. New dates are March 4th-5th.

Dates are locked in! Load-in on Friday, February 19th in the early afternoon (followed by dinner at Angelo's, and more laser tinkering late into the evening), with the event formally kicking off Saturday morning at 9 AM, February 20th. We should be able to run as late as we want, but like last time I'd prefer to tear-down, clean-up and load out in the same day so I don't have to come back alone to clean up on Sunday.

More details to follow. For now I need to get the hold-harmless agreement signed and the deposit sent off!

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 12-21-2015 at 08:54.

SWEET!! I'm getting it on the calendar. Now hopefully we can do something similar to the last FLEM and have my birthday dinner in Charleston.
    PM Sent...

I hope I can make it! Bill, Justin and I will be showing off the latest ScannerMAX goodies at Photonics West in San Fransisco that week, and probably will not be returning to Orlando until very late at night on Friday, February 19th unless we stay an extra day or two for meetings with clients, which will put us home on the 20th or 21st. But if I make it home Friday night I hope to check it out Saturday if not burnt out from a busy week of travel!
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Count me in as I've been "pre-approved" for FLEM this year! I'll combine the trip with Disney parks with the family as that worked out really nicely last year. Warm laser light in February will work as a nice early Spring welcome.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Sorry about the timing Ryan. I hope you all can still manage to make it. The dates are my fault. I pushed for that weekend as it was looking like the only weekend pretty much anywhere around the whole January to summer timeframe I'd have been able to realistically make and, since it's my 51st birthday on the day I'd be driving down, getting out of the cold snowy northeast is kinda my b-day present to me. (I've since had a couple more potential weekends that opened up but, it wasn't looking good there for awhile for any other dates.)
    PM Sent...

Well crap....

I just found out that there are several people who have conflicts with this weekend. And as Ryan posted above, Pangolin will be at a large trade show that runs until the 18th, so they probably can't make it either. Damn it!

OK, what about February 5th-6th? Or March 5th-6th? If I'm going to move FLEM to another weekend, I want to pick the one that works for the most people possible. So please check your calendars and let me know ASAP if either of these two alternate weekends will work. Then I'll get back to the boat club management and see about changing the date.

Adam

Hi Guy's,

If it's get earlier in February then the last weekend (02-27) I am won't make it either, but any day/weekend in march will be great.

Albert