Thread: My brother n law

Default My brother n law

Some of you know jim (jimboy3625), just wanted to ask for your thoughts and prayers. He is OK, but was in a motorcycle accident yesterday morning. He broke every rib front and back on the left side, several on the right side, both lungs were punctured, spleen was damaged, and there is one kidney issue.
    He is in ICU and currently has chest tubes in both sides to drain the lung cavities.

Anyhow how very thankful that he is talking and there is no head or spine trauma.

Pretty scary are moment when you find out from the police that he was in a bike accident and being taken into surgery with no other info. My wife is his twin so there is a crazy close bond there.
    leading in trailing technology

Wow! All of that bruising and he is talking. Sounds like he's a tank. I'll have your family in my thoughts and hopefully he is on the mend.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Geez.... sorry to hear that. I know many of us met him at SELEM a few years ago. Glad to hear it's not "major" though... granted it's still pretty traumatic but, sounds like all recoverable in time.
    PM Sent...

oh no.
    Glad he is still ok!
    Hoping for a perfect and speedy recovery!

We'll keep you guys in our thoughts. That's some pretty scary shit.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

that's bad news, riding motorcycles myself for 35 years I had my scary moments but never being in a bad one like your brother in law.
    I know with broken ribs it's very pain full for awhile, I wish him a speedy recovery.
    Albert

Shit man, wishing him the best.
    This space for rent.

Really sorry to hear this, John... You say he is OK, but 2 punctured lungs, 2 chest tubes, a ruptured spleen and a "kidney problem" (not to mention the fact that he is in ICU) sounds like he is a long way from "OK". Are you sure he's going to be all right?

I'm sure everyone here is pulling for him. Give him all our best!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Really sorry to hear this, John... You say he is OK, but 2 punctured lungs, 2 chest tubes, a ruptured spleen and a "kidney problem" (not to mention the fact that he is in ICU) sounds like he is a long way from "OK". Are you sure he's going to be all right?

I'm sure everyone here is pulling for him. Give him all our best!

Adam
    The trauma doctor has said it will be 6-8 months before he feels normal, looks like it will be about a 2 week stay in hospital depending on rib plates.

They are moving him from ICU today, the big thing will be if they end up have to plate his ribs back together. That will be a big intrusive surgery with them being broken both front and back.

Yesterday night when I saw him, he was himself it was like we were hanging out watching a football game. They were able to get a epidural in 6inch long one that has taken most all the pain away (combined with the delaudid and oxy) he is feeling better than most of us I bet

It is very promising that it will just take time, so blessed that he didn't damage his head or spine. Though his lunch box and themos were dented and crushed. His MacBook Pro and ipad had no damage. Can't remember the cases he uses but they made it through.

He says he is ready to get back on his bike as soon as he can, his wife is saying it will be sold.
    leading in trailing technology

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    The trauma doctor has said it will be 6-8 months before he feels normal
    Ugh... That's a long time to heal...

looks like it will be about a 2 week stay in hospital depending on rib plates.
    I hope he has good health insurance!

Yesterday night when I saw him, he was himself it was like we were hanging out watching a football game.
    That's encouraging at least. Give him all our best!

He says he is ready to get back on his bike as soon as he can, his wife is saying it will be sold.
    I gotta go with his wife on this one. He's had his fun, and now he's had his one close call. Time to hang it up.

Adam