Thread: LT-9 / LongTeng-IX Laser Motorhead Light - i.Top for Moving Head

Default LT-9 / LongTeng-IX Laser Motorhead Light - i.Top for Moving Head

Hi, I recently aquired an old LongTeng-IX Laser Motorhead Light. It was sold quite cheap and as "probably not working", and the owner did not have software for the DAC.

My main question is: Does anyone have a copy of iTop for Moving Head and/or a copy of the manual for the LT-9? The normal installer is in a folder named "iTopEn" and the version with support for movement is called "iTopMovingEn".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0207.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	993.1 KB 
ID:	47325

I have noticed that it has a SilverStar logo, and I think it has also been sold by Yagang/Jajiang, at least according to what I've found on the internet.

Name:	IMAG0208.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	953.4 KB 
ID:	47326

It comes with an old DAC that is marked as "USB Graphics Interface Card". It is clearly been modified to work with just this equipment, and I've opened it up to try to understand what it does. It's made to work with i.Top Laser Designer, the predecessor to iShow if I understand correctly. It does not work with iShow, at least my attempts has not worked.

The connection from the DAC to the Laser is via a shielded 8+1 data cable with a strange DIN plug in one end, and a DB9 on the DAC side.

Pin 1+2 from the laser goes to J2 on DAC marked "Power In". This powers most of the DAC from the laser. I've not checked the voltage.
    Pin 3+4 from the laser goes to J4 on DAC marked "Signal". I assume this is X+ and Y+.
    Pin 5 from the laser goes to J11 on the DAC marked "Green". It is soldered to two of the 3 pins.
    Pin 6+7 from the laser goes to J3 on the DAC marked "DMX". I assume this is Data- and Data+.
    Pin 8 from the laser goes to J3 ("Power In" middle post) and J4 ("Signal" middle post). This is ground for the DAC.

Ground (pin 8) is run around the shielding, and the last remaining wire is not used.

Name:	IMAG0184.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	47327

The DAC actually has a DMX output jack, wich I assume originally was supposed to run DMX out of the DAC to other DMX equipment. It has however never been connected internally, so it's use is probably for another variant of the DAC.

Ground was actually torn off in the connector to the laser, and after repairing that the DAC powered up correctly, and I was able to use a copy of i.Top I found online (http://www.mhdiffusion.fr/commun/download/Itop/) to get the laser to actually display ILD files.

So, since I do not a have a copy of the iTopMovingEn software, only iTopEn, I removed the DMX connector from the board, and jerry-rigged this onto a DMX interface. If I try to send DMX values, the moving head now actually pans and tilts, but it is totally random, so it probably isn't standard DMX. Wich would make sense, I guess.

So, anyone has any proper software, or any good ideas on how to use external DMX on the head itself?

(Yeah, I know it is old and kinda sucks, but it is what I have.)

Made a quick video of it working, alltho without movement:

Not that anyone seems to be very interested, but I think I just managed to find the software. In case someone needs it in the future I have put them out for download.

The software is known as i.Top or iTop, apparently before it was renamed to iShow. It is for the old USB 1.1 DACs, while iShow seems to only support USB 2.0 DACs.

The software, DAC and showcard seems to have been rebranded and bundled with lots of other products from various brands at the time. I finally found the software by Googling for the phrase "Graphics USB card 1PCS" wich seems to be used in the factory-supplied manual template. I then found a laser from ShowTec called "Shogun Club RGB-120", with order code 30978. On https://www.highlite.nl/Service/Downloads I wrote in 30978 as the Item Number to reveal the downloads of iTop that also included the iTopMovingEn version for my LT-9. Wow, this has been a long ride, and the worst part is that the DAC and software is really terrible. But at least now I have it. :-)

Would be great if the files could be archied elsewhere as well, you never know when someone digs out some old crusty hardware.