Thread: Ishow idla usb driver

Unhappy Ishow idla usb driver

my son bought a laser show product off of ebay. seller rgblasers 1000mW RGB ILDA DMX512 American Club DJ Party Laser stage lighting + ISHOW2.3 it came with ishow and a usb to db25 adapter
    we can not get the drivers to work on win xp or win7 keep getting errors about driver not compatible. Have downloaded a couple ones from this forum but nothing works. and the ebay seller doesn't speak much english. Yeah I know he should have checked more but he was just so excited. Reading on here it's junk software.

any suggestions on what to do? I have researched the Sek7 USB GuiCard and every variation I could think of. but no luck. is there another software/usb to db25 converter that works with win7?

I'm ready to walk this thing over to china and put it on someones desk

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Useful Keywords in no particular order : Lsx, Pangolin, Etherdream... Riya
    Probably the cheapest thing to RELIABLY get you going is a Riya Micro from Illumination Supply with the included software package... However, Pangolin and LSX are very, very good. There are a few others...

Or buy a XP computer as surplus.... No such thing as uncorrupted 64 bit drivers for ISHOW, even though a release was claimed...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Welcome.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	48473
    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    my son.........I'm ready to walk this thing over to china and put it on someones desk
    Try not to miss India on the way....it's a fascinating place!

IMHO Iphones are just a tool for discovering whether someone else can empty your bank account quicker than U can.

If U really want to see $ moving like sh*t off a shovel ...ditch the Iphone and get him some decent controller (keywords DZ or Aldebaran) ... he will get totally addicted in no time at all!

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 09-22-2015 at 01:48.

IShow is what it is, and no one here call it a proper piece of laser control software. That said, once installed, it will work in terms of a projector producing output. The quality of the output is less satisfying, if you get the drivers accepted by the PC.

Most important is that the drivers only work with a 32bit OS.

I remember having issues during install as well. I seem to recall that i had to force the drivers in the PC by accessing the control panel, Access devices and printers. Here you see the ISHOW DAC. Highlight it, Rightclick and choose properties. Find the correct place here to replace the driver. The drivers have to be unpacked on your harddrive. Browse to the loation of the drivers and replace them, or choose update.

That worked for me.

(Probably a horrific guide. Pulled out of memory as i have a norwegian WIN10 pc in front of me, it not much help getting the correct english translations.)

Once the drivers are in place, look up Spaghetti Laser software (www.hingednewt.com) and get yourself a licence. This piece of software will let the DAC produce a far better ouput in terms of quality and ease of use. If still hooked.

No one else have given the safetyspeech here yet:
    1000mV laser is serious stuff. Please read about laser safety before using the device. Do not step in front of the projector when it is on, do not project any beams at animals or people. 1watt of laser WILL make permanent eyedamage if used careless.
    5mW is safe - 200 X more power is dangerous.
    Travelling 5Km/h is quite safe. Travelling at 1000 Km/h will require some more skill and thøught regarding safety.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    IShow is what it is, ..................................Travelling 5Km/h is quite safe. Travelling at 1000 Km/h will require some more skill and thøught regarding safety.
    I always thought Neptune would have benefited from a few driving lessons !

Good post !
    which bit was giving the problem ...Norwegian or winX

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

which bit was giving the problem ...Norwegian or winX

Cheers
    I have probably 10-15 PC in working order. All flavors of Ubuntu and Windows. A mix of Norwegian and English and different versions. I ust use them, and don`t pay to much attention to what version, language etc. After a while you go "blind" and just do. To be specific when explaining, just becomes impossible.

As long as the shit works, i`m happy.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Ok, we will look at a Riya.
    I dug an old ASUS netbook out of the junk pile has XP home on it. Tried installing the drivers and didn't work. Read on another post to try a different USB cable. I got it to work using a different USB cable.
    not the best thing, but at least he can play with it now

@ "Ok, we will look at a Riya." = Try PM to JohnYayas (PLmember) = 100$

Check out his spaghetti while U R at it!

Cheers
    PS. Also read thread <http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php/24690-Noob-question-about-ILDA-to-USB-adapters>
    Last edited by catalanjo; 09-23-2015 at 17:30. Reason: thread link added