Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any advice on buying a 3000€ - 3500€ range RGB laser projector?

Good job that got cleared up ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Welcome.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	48547
    Would have been a NASTY surprise to find out at last moment !

@ single colour = go green = mejor verde = more visibility for less power/problems!
    Don't forget the hazer !

Cheers

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

How long is the install?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
    Dear Edison,

you are more than welcome to visit us ANY time with a projector that is similar power to ClubMax 3000 and 2-3x brighter. We would really love to see that. We'll happily make a video of the lasers being compared and post it here afterwards - no tricks.
    We can also compare how both will cope with graphics and measure the real beam divergence to see whether the price difference is something that can be justified and whether KVANT is really that different from other good systems.
    Below are my contact details which you can use to get it touch with me to schedule a meeting in our factory over in Slovakia.
    The specs do the talking... No need to come all over flying to a factory just to show something that's pretty obvious.
    Last edited by masterpj; 10-14-2015 at 08:00.

TBH I don't think the specs are in question, just whether or not a smaller divergence can produce a 2-3 times increase in brightness in beam shows power for power. I'll let the experts argue that one.

For graphics there's little doubt that tighter thinner lines tend to look nicer (within reason).

However, one thing to consider with beam shows is that the tighter the beams, the harder it is to achieve safe audience scanning...

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    TBH I don't think the specs are in question, just whether or not a smaller divergence can produce a 2-3 times increase in brightness in beam shows power for power. I'll let the experts argue that one.

For graphics there's little doubt that tighter thinner lines tend to look nicer (within reason).

However, one thing to consider with beam shows is that the tighter the beams, the harder it is to achieve safe audience scanning...
    I can prove this I have a gas laser thats 5 watts and can put it next to a 5watts diode laser sytem. It will most certainly be 3 to 4 times brighter for sure.
    Tighter beams are good but also need to overlap and match properly to look sharp and crisp. Safety scan lens reduces the difficulty and actually some prefer a bigger beam because it's more filling for beamshows but this is a personal thing.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Hamill View Post
    Yes, this would be a huge problem. I think we would have to externalize the laser installation with the help of a local laser-show company. Any ideas?
    This is been really helpful, guys!
    Huge is an understatement. Spain and USA and New York in particular are two entirely different worlds when it comes to laser shows. I would plan on giving anything you have booked in New York over to a company here already legally allowed to do shows in New York and perhaps send them the content you need played. If it's live work, just subcontract the entire thing. Don't even waste the money on a plane ticket to come do a site survey.
    PM Sent...

maybe livelasersystems ? link

i purchased a lot of optics from Phillip (his nickname here is phritzler )
    and i know that he is doing top quality products, with good prices,
    he is also providing best support i ever experienced
    QM2000.NET Intro + LivePRO // Easy Lase + Mamba Black

2x10W 450nm laser projectors - done // 20W RGB under construction...
    looking for high quality laser optics / modules / projectors ? ask here