Thread: Experiences with 808nm CS-Mount Arrays from Ebay

Default Experiences with 808nm CS-Mount Arrays from Ebay

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to build a selfmade dpss laser from scratch. I've got the crystal, appropriate optics, some low (~4W) power pump diodes and already achieved first light.
    I did the maths (according to Koechner) and want to use a higher power pump diode for achieving maximum efficiency, which would be one single 40W CS-Mount diode.

I understand that junktronix has got one for offer (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111192372990) and that he is top notch at selling surplus laser equipment.

But with my small student budget, 200+$ plus shipping and customs (to germany) is a bit hefty.

Does anyone have any experience with the 80-100$ 40W bars on ebay (i.e. http://www.ebay.com/itm/141784961143) ?

Especially concerning actual remaining output power at the current they used to supply 40W when new, any dead emitters and remaining lifetime?

Best regards and greetings

Most of the low price 40W bars on eBay are my rejects - they are low power / have physical defects / terrible spectrum, etc. I only keep the very best units to sell. Send me an email (look at the bottom of any of my ebay listings) and I'll find something you can use at a price you can afford.

40watts is a lot of power even a 4W pump diode is. What will you be using the end resulting dpss laser for?

The dpss laser will of course not be used for show purposes. I have not yet decided the definite usage of my system, but I want to conduct various physical experiments using non-linear materials, and perhaps use it one day to pump a Ti-Sapphire oscillator.

Another option would be 3d-printing, as you can achieve a higher accuracy and use more materials when fusing powders with a laser than plastic fused deposition modelling (FDM).

All these applications require a lot of power and careful design.

Thank you very much for this offer junktronix, I will definitely come back at it.