Thread: Report from ILDA 2015 in Dubai

Beautiful shows! Definitely inspiring.
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

I have a tendency to focus on one area and ignore what is going on elsewhere. For once, I took the time to look around and I found this thread and took a look. WOW! You should run for president. Seriously, these shows are so much more engaging than the assembly of canned, geometric patterns that I'm so familiar with. They have an intuitive quality like good music; once you see it (or hear it) it's obviously right and good, but there is no way you could have originated it.

Very nice!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I have a tendency to focus on one area and ignore what is going on elsewhere. For once, I took the time to look around and I found this thread and took a look. WOW! You should run for president. Seriously, these shows are so much more engaging than the assembly of canned, geometric patterns that I'm so familiar with. They have an intuitive quality like good music; once you see it (or hear it) it's obviously right and good, but there is no way you could have originated it.

Very nice!
    thank you planters!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Those are very very good Swami! Congrats on your well deserved awards. I have always preferred abstracts. Why do we love symmetry so much? Because humans are symmetrical? Since many, like me, find asymmetry somewhat disturbing, that may be something to look into as a way to have an effect on the subconscious.

Isn't everything symmetric at some point all the way up and down?

I just love Analogue Species with it's 2001ness and hints of classic horror film exposition style, but you must have spent so long tweaking the music syncing on Hey Pachuco it's well deserved. Inspiring stuff
    Dynamics/EasyLase LC/FD820/RGB 400mW Homebrew w/EMS4ks

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post
    Isn't everything symmetric at some point all the way up and down?

I just love Analogue Species with it's 2001ness and hints of classic horror film exposition style, but you must have spent so long tweaking the music syncing on Hey Pachuco it's well deserved. Inspiring stuff
    thank you frosty.

analogue species was my favorite of the three. pachuco took the longest. it was going great until i got to the section where the 4 lissajous abstracts were doing a lindy hop (2:10). that took ages until i was satisfied with it.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.