Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report from ILDA 2015 in Dubai

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default Report from ILDA 2015 in Dubai

yeah, it went pretty good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c-ilda.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	221.6 KB 
ID:	48610

details to follow, but it's 2am here and i'm exhausted.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Congratulations Chris. Looks like another prize sweep. You'll be needing a bigger house soon to host all those trophies!
    Last edited by White-Light; 10-12-2015 at 00:36.

Who's that Melvin wearing a suit coat?

Seriously, warmest of congratulations! A full sweep of the category two years running now is a phenomenal achievement. Your entries were all stunning and I'm excited to see what you come up with next.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

ignoring dk's melvin comment.

here are the links to my winning shows:

https://youtu.be/bOKHPKBNmlM
    https://youtu.be/S84uRMDdmgo
    https://youtu.be/lVWnMUmdevM

and now i'm heading out to the desert for camels, belly dancers, and fun.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post

and now i'm heading out to the desert for camels, belly dancers, and fun.
    What better way to celebrate in the desert.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Congratulations, Swami! Stay cool (literally LOL).

Congratulations, Swami!!!
    We gotta grow you some more arms for all of those trophies!

Epic....just epic !! What a gift !! Thank you for sharing !! You raise the bar very, very high !!!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

It has been remarkable to watch you start out as a new laser hobbyist on PL, learn, grow, and now establish yourself as a world-leading laserist on the professional stage. Congratulations!

To all of the new PL members and hobbyists out there, take note: it is possible to change things in a substantial and meaningful way if you put your mind and skills to the task. Keep up with learning and trying new things because you just might end up melting people's brains, in a good way, with what you make.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    It has been remarkable to watch you start out as a new laser hobbyist on PL, learn, grow, and now establish yourself as a world-leading laserist on the professional stage. Congratulations!

To all of the new PL members and hobbyists out there, take note: it is possible to change things in a substantial and meaningful way if you put your mind and skills to the task. Keep up with learning and trying new things because you just might end up melting people's brains, in a good way, with what you make.
    thank you andrew. this was only made possible with the hard work you did on LSX, j4cbo did on the etherdream dac, and the rest of the PL community supporting me, encouraging me, and badgering me to submit my work to ilda.

one of the things that i spoke about during the ilda conference in dubai was the importance of hobbyist communities such as PL and the spirit of creativity and invention that runs deep here. ilda is well aware of us and i think this speaks very highly of the quality and nature of the users here.
    Last edited by swamidog; 10-30-2015 at 08:07.