Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted. Lumia wheel and 445nm LD

Default Wanted. Lumia wheel and 445nm LD

I am in a challenge with my bud Robert LaMonte from Spokane, a Steampunk artist and laser enthusiasts to build each other Steampunk lamps for Christmas.

You can see the build progress of both projects on my Facebook page.

Rob is building me a Steampunk desk lamp based on a 1920s Dodge carby, I am build Rob a Steampunk RGB Lumia lamp.

I have tried to make a Lumia wheel by heating CDs and everyone has been a total fail. So I am looking to buy a Lumia wheel, not too large, say 4". I also need a blue LD to be driven to around 50mW.

Does anyone have either?
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    I am in a challenge with my bud Robert LaMonte from Spokane, a Steampunk artist and laser enthusiasts to build each other Steampunk lamps for Christmas.

You can see the build progress of both projects on my Facebook page.

Rob is building me a Steampunk desk lamp based on a 1920s Dodge carby, I am build Rob a Steampunk RGB Lumia lamp.

I have tried to make a Lumia wheel by heating CDs and everyone has been a total fail. So I am looking to buy a Lumia wheel, not too large, say 4". I also need a blue LD to be driven to around 50mW.

Does anyone have either?
    I don't have anything extra right now, but instead of a CD use some clear acrylic and a torch just watch the fumes. I have recently come to prefer the globes, you can buy a clear acrylic drawer knob and heat bubble dimple it for some real cool effects. The CD blank spacer that is clear should work pretty well though are you using it or a actual CD?
    leading in trailing technology

Yeah I tried the clear CD spacers, not a CD. They deform very easily when heated and go milky. If you heat them slowly in an oven nothing happens until suddenly they shrink like a crisp packet....
    This space for rent.

I have used ~3.175mm acrylic sheets from the home improvement store. Use a hole saw to cut out discs. Peel the protective coating and hit it with a propane torch, bubbles are a good thing. This is more of a warped Lumia wheel but it should work. If the first doesn't work plenty of the sheet left to make more.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Thanks man I will try that. I have some flexible detraction sheeting that kit gave me a while back, I have been thinking of using that too.
    This space for rent.

Hi Dnar,

I have sucessfully cut some various sizes 3mm Acrylic sheet and successfully made them bubble etc.

Images Here:
    http://puu.sh/kJQ4U/9b27989f2f.jpg
    http://puu.sh/kJQ5d/c00849f347.jpg

Available Perth Western Australia, Can mail Aus-wide. $30 for a set of 10.

nightsky.

Cool.! Are you meeting in our offices this week?

I need to dig through boxes of prototype boards to find a driver for you. Might take a few days with my current commitments.
    This space for rent.

I will be there tomorrow at 12:30

Cool. I will try to find that driver tonight then.
    This space for rent.

I got some wheels if you want me to send you one mate

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/