Thread: New Laser Arrived!

Talking New Laser Arrived!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2199.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	49345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2200.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	49346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2201.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	49347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2202.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	899.4 KB 
ID:	49348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2203.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	801.7 KB 
ID:	49349

So I had been in the process of saving up for a 2W pure diode 520Laser and a few unexpected bills and expenses came in thus throwing a spanner in the works…the FB3 was crying out to be used and I just couldn’t hold off any longer so got onto John at GoldenStar and ordered a D-1000 RGB with 30k scanner. He’s a great guy to deal with, got back to my emails very fast clarifying the details of the order and giving a bit of advice. The scanner options of this laser were 20k, 30k or DT30-I had initially been set on DT30 but John suggested that 30K would be fine for the D1000. Lead time was within the week and DHL shipped the order to Ireland in half the time that I was quoted—thumbs up to them too!

The Laser itself was $360 plus 40 for the flight case which is a wicked piece of kit too. I also picked up an ilda cable from GS. Shipping was over $100 and got hit with around €60 customs duty too but the way I look at it I could have bought a cheap 1watt Dj laser from one of the big DJ supply places in Ireland or Europe for €500 with no flight case and free shipping… so the shipping costs in this case I can tolerate.

When I opened up the case I was astounded by the quality of the case itself but more so by the laser. I was expecting something good enough from the feedback I’d heard about them but this exceeded all expectations. And maybe because I’ve only used dj standard equipment previously I am a bit of a noob. But the build quality of this thing feels seriously professional, solid and rugged but with a sleek and shiny quality to the projector casing, detachable power supply that twists and clicks into place, very strong mounting bracket and an adjustable beam block.

I set up the FB3 and did a quick setup of the projector corrected the ILDA test pattern on the X and Y, set the scan settings to 12k-24k just to be safe for now and started firing off waves hot beams some abstracts etc. The 30k scanners seem to have no problem doing any effects. Granted you can hear them hum a bit when you do some of the more complex abstracts but they display great with no flickering that I could see. Put on a few tunes and adjusted the beam block to a safe position then pumped out some fog and sat at the other end of the room and went mad doing beam shows and colour effects for a while, the analog modulation really is beautiful and again there didn’t seem to be any limits to how the projector performed!

All in all it’s an incredible piece of kit and while it may not have the ultra sharp beam specs or super high performance scanners that some higher level lasers have it really is a fantastic entry level projector which I can’t wait do more with!

Nice laser. Can't believe the price you got. Great buy.

Nice! Can't wait to see what you make out of it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2223.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	49352 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2224.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	49353 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2230.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	49354 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2236.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	49355

Thanks folks! Some beam pics ^^

Can't knock that at that price for sure - I think you can see the varying beam specs in a couple of those shots, but still $360!

What do the insides look like? Any space to play?
    Dynamics/EasyLase LC/FD820/RGB 400mW Homebrew w/EMS4ks

Quote Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post
    Can't knock that at that price for sure - I think you can see the varying beam specs in a couple of those shots, but still $360!

What do the insides look like? Any space to play?
    Hi there, no I haven't opened it up for a look yet might do that soon! Wonder would it be a hard job to upgrade the modules to slightly more powerful ones?