Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ust bought first laser projector. trying to figure it out help!

Default ust bought first laser projector. trying to figure it out help!

Just got it. Trying to figure out how to create ctm files for it. I'd like to make some logos, but more immediately I'm djing a wedding this weekend and would love to have something cool with their names and wedding date to shoot out. I think it would make their night even more special.

Where are you based? If you post a location, someone who is nearby may be able to help you out
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Imlay City, MI is where I'm based

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDan View Post
    Imlay City, MI is where I'm based
    Hey Mr Ninja,

I'm sure one of the USA based guys will step in and advise but AFAIK there are certain rules and regulations in place in the USA governing the use of Laser Projectors in public, depending on the equipment you may or may not be able to legally use it.

Do you know the specifications of the projector ?
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

!! this weekend???

good luck with that-you need soft--and the PJ must be ILDA ready
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

CTM? Do you mean CTN?

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...atch-convertor

There are plenty of Ilda files available on the web and most users here would be more than happy to create some for you, maybe for a small fee.

Yes ctn, and it takes ilda files also. It's a very basic starter projector. My effect II from Chinavision. I would very much like to get into this craft, but I can tell it will be an expensive road to get the bigger lasers, software needed to run them, and licenses I need. For now I just want to get a basic idea of things. Gotta start somewhere right?

What is good easy to use for a beginner software? Not looking to get anything too expensive at this point unless I end up really getting into this. I need time to research.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Does your projector have an ilda in port? If not your options are limited.

I think this piece of award-winning software would be a wise investment: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-creation-tool

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Does your projector have an ilda in port? If not your options are limited.

I think this piece of award-winning software would be a wise investment: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-creation-tool
    This seems to be just what I'm looking for. Thank you colouredmirrorball! I managed to make just a basic boring scroll of names and date. Wish I had time to make it a bit more sensational, but I'm sure they'll be happy seeing their names and wedding date up there on the wall. In the future I'd like to start making logos for the places I'm DJing. I really think this would be a nice personal touch that no other DJs in the area are doing. Is there a good place on this forum to study up on this subject and not get too confused too fast?