Views:	23 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	48332

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP9911.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	48333

Here are the pics you wanted. They're perhaps not great but, it's what I had time to do. I cleaned up the alignment of the red a little after the fact. Just about 102 - 103 feet I guess.
    PM Sent...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

(I guess posting a thread with no back story isn't exactly proper but, I wanted to get these photos to him. We're conspiring to make a death star. Or.... burn down his neighborhood.)

Move along. Nothing to see here.
    PM Sent...

That Death Star needs a spacial filter. To many surrounding planets would be blinded.
    leading in trailing technology

Lightbulb Ever heard of a laser chain-saw?

Awesome sauce! Thanks Brad!

Re: building a death star... Yeah, I've got something in the works.
    With a little creativity (or is that stupidity?) and a lot of help from Mimi and the rest of the staff at GoldenStarLaser.com, I should have some interesting facts to report on very soon!

Here is a very brief preview:

That is 8 watts at 25 feet. I never liked that tree anyway...

The optical plate itself. (Ignore the telescope at bottom right - that was a brief experiment that didn't work out.)

Lots more details to come!

Adam

I like the mounts. The reverse foot and what looks like xyz adjust. Similar to a build I just did, now combine two of the plates with a PBS since poles are all kept even. That's what I did to hit 11W after optics.

Not sure what your doing with the Reds from the picture, but if you stack 2 one on top of the other then knife you'll get a much better red beam.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	48334Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	48335

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    That Death Star needs a spacial filter. To many surrounding planets would be blinded.
    Spacial filtering is one possibility. Further optical correction (cylindrical lenses) is another. Personally, I'd love to see both. But even as a stand-alone unit, this thing is damned impressive. I'm just trying to see what can be tweaked to make it even more awesome.

One thing is certain though: No more firing this inside the house! I was quite surprised to see what it did to the tree, especially at that distance. (Despite my humor about the picture, I honestly planned to use the tree as a backstop. I was rather surprised to see it smoking after only 2-3 seconds like that.) I have other pictures of a wooden pallet that didn't survive the beam either; I'll probably post some of those pictures this weekend.

Make no mistake: this thing makes every last milliwatt that they claim it does, and then some! (Any time you can see the beam in air in broad daylight you know there's serious power involved...)

As for the layout of the table and the optics, I'll post lots more pictures (and details about the optical train) later. But you are right, the mounts are fully-kinematic and very easy to adjust. They use an allen-screw instead of a thumbscrew, but are otherwise identical in function to a mini version of the venerable MM1.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

One thing is certain though: No more firing this inside the house! I was quite surprised to see what it did to the tree, especially at that distance. (Despite my humor about the picture, I honestly planned to use the tree as a backstop. I was rather surprised to see it smoking after only 2-3 seconds like that.) I have other pictures of a wooden pallet that didn't survive the beam either; I'll probably post some of those pictures this weekend.

Adam
    I know that feeling was just informed no more holes in the walls, once I repaint this john.

Very cool the relationship you have built with them and designing stuff. Be interested to seeing the optic train, are those mounts on there latest price list?

Also interested in a continuous duty test measure power at power up, come back and measure a half hour later to see the loss from heat use.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Awesome sauce! Thanks Brad!

Re: building a death star... Yeah, I've got something in the works.
    With a little creativity (or is that stupidity?) and a lot of help from Mimi and the rest of the staff at GoldenStarLaser.com, I should have some interesting facts to report on very soon!

Here is a very brief preview:

That is 8 watts at 25 feet. I never liked that tree anyway...

The optical plate itself. (Ignore the telescope at bottom right - that was a brief experiment that didn't work out.)

Lots more details to come!

Adam
    ahh yes.. i've been eyeing those modules on the goldenstar website.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

specs please, there are more people than buffo on this forum
    Interested in how the red is build (4 x 700mw i assume?)

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    specs please, there are more people than buffo on this forum
    Interested in how the red is build (4 x 700mw i assume?)
    http://goldenstarlaser.com/index.php...product_id=337

Laser module:R:2W/638 G:3W/520 B:3W/462
    Beam parameter:R<2mrad,5*5mm G<2mrad,2*4mm,B<2mrad,2*4mm
    Modulation:TTL/ANG
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.