Thread: Planning laser safety course in New York

Default Planning laser safety course in New York

I just spoke with Norman Ballard of Rarefied Media in NYC who will be offering a laser safety course in the near future. We are going to plan it for just after the holidays. The actual price will vary depending on exactly how many people we have but $500 is a good starting estimate. I'd like to get a feel for anyone else in the north east that might be willing to join the two of us that are already planning on attending. The course will take place in New York City but the actual address is yet to be determined. Let me know if anyone else is interested.
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

is this class.. to prepare for the NYC laser license test? Or is this just a safety course?

Yes, this class is to prepare for the NYS certification test. Norman Ballard is one of the few people in New York recognized by the Department of Labor to offer this course. I don't believe the actual test will be given at the course but this will count as/toward the year of field experience required on the application for certification.

I am down in Georgia. But to be honest.. I might be interested in coming up and taking the class. Mostly just so I can see what is involved with getting legal in NYC. Basically just a bucket list item for me. I am sure I would walk away with some new knowledge. When do you think the class would be?

Johnathon

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I could be interested as well depending on the date(s). I don't necessarily plan to do shows in New York either but, like Jonathan, it's potentially a "bucket list" sort of thing.
    PM Sent...

It will be after the holidays but we don't have a date set yet. I'd like to shoot for mid January personally. I'll update information as it becomes available.