Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small drsstc with midi playback

Default Small drsstc with midi playback

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	48791Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	48792I

I have a small table top tesla coil for sale, now that I completed my second larger coil I have no need for this one. I did not build this, a local guy builds them and sells them on eBay. The usually sell for $350-$400. The build construction is not the best but fully functions and plays back midi files as well.

Looking to sell for $275 shipped. Can provide pictures or video if wanted. This does 9-13" arcs, the midi file will produce the longest arcs as the controller for continuos output limits length to prevent strikes to electronics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by polishedball; 10-26-2015 at 17:46.
    leading in trailing technology

At first I thought this was built upside down, still I see no primary

Quote Originally Posted by LaserCo View Post
    At first I thought this was built upside down, still I see no primary
    It's 12 gauge wire ate the base. I'll get better pics.

Also will trade towards laser bits + -G
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	40 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	48793
    Last edited by polishedball; 10-26-2015 at 17:49.

Wow, so tempting. How does it compare to this OneTesla unit?

http://onetesla.com/products/oneteslats.html

Do you have any need for this 200mw 532 DPSS in partial trade?

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...es-532-and-473

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Wow, so tempting. How does it compare to this OneTesla unit?

http://onetesla.com/products/oneteslats.html

Do you have any need for this 200mw 532 DPSS in partial trade?

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...es-532-and-473

Not really sure on the comparison, from reading what end users were seeing I am guessing arc length is pretty close as this will do ground strikes to the electronic enclosures on occasion.

Here is the listing he has / had on ebay for them, there might be more detail. I have only had this one about a month and it has under a hour most likely half hour of total run time. I have not pulled it apart to see its guts. He has made it modular for servicing if needed. The one thing I would add a fan to it if ever used for a length of time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221901526633

Green DPSS I don;t currently have a use for I have a couple on the shelf right now, open to any offer on the coil as well if you interested.

Let me know if you want any pictures, video, or skype of it running. It is a neat starter coil, I planned on using it as a second Halloween prop electrocuting a guy, but just completed my other kit build of a big coil so will be using that instead.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

For the love of HV, Avoid OneTesla.. I worked on one for a friend.. Very easy to find yourself needing multiple replacement chips and boards...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    For the love of HV, Avoid OneTesla.. I worked on one for a friend.. Very easy to find yourself needing multiple replacement chips and boards...

Steve
    I did find it odd a year or so back when I first started building coils that they highly recommend and almost see,Ed to say you would need the spare parts they have.

I ran my large coil continuos duty at 80% for 7 hours with no issues. This smaller coil I would say would have shorter duty cycle since it had no fans on the H bridge.

I'd love to see a video of it in action. Can you run it indoors, or just outdoors?

What about proximity to sensitive electronics? My g/f's daughter has a Omnipod wireless insulin pump. What's a safe distance?

thanks.

edit: I do see the two videos on ebay. Is there a library of midi songs available for it? I know the MIT guys said they had to pre-process their midi tracks to work with the tesla coil.
    Last edited by HankLloydRight; 10-28-2015 at 10:02.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I'd love to see a video of it in action. Can you run it indoors, or just outdoors?

What about proximity to sensitive electronics? My g/f's daughter has a Omnipod wireless insulin pump. What's a safe distance?

thanks.
    I run it indoors, in proximity of lasers and computers on the same circuit. The only thing to watch for indoors is the "ozone" it creates so most would recommend some sort of venting. I would be very cautious around any medical equipment, I can't say what would be recommended so I would avoid.

I'll grab a video later on, my 8 year old daughter has operated this one before indoors with supervision. She wanted to add effects to a monster mash laser show for me.

I read you have electronics background and can solder as well, so I am also happy to help walk you through a build that would be larger if you want. I'm now just starting to collect the parts for a large one that will more than double arc length of my current big build.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hank.... are you going to save me from buying this?
    PM Sent...