Thread: Replacement of a green analogue laser in RGB projector, any info would really help!

Default Replacement of a green analogue laser in RGB projector, any info would really help!

Hi, So I have here a 1.8w i think laser bought from dodgy company called Emva management, cannot even find their website only one year after buying the laser, anyways. Not so bad laser when it works asked for dt40 wide in it.
    Green laser is half dead so ordered on from china through ebay 200mw-300 analogue.
    I'm not an electrotechnician so having few problems and questions here.

out of box how do you test the laser?; we tried plugging it and nothing not even the fan goes on, there is indeed an other cable yellow and black that might be needed to switch on and off laser i suppose.
    2nd step we took off the green from the RGB and plugged that yellow and black on on that mini board with that massive AC plugged in not in laser but in wall and nothing again.

sorry if I'm asking stupid question I tried downloading this SAM faq thing and its not working, file not hosted anymore...

strangely enough the red laser in that projector only has this yellow and black cable connected and that works, whereas the green and blue have 2 sets redblack and yellow black. there are indeed other red and black coming from that mini board of the red one, but they are connected to drivers or something rather than laser itself(3of these double cable per board, 3 board for the 3 colors)

could it be that its the board itself that is dead rather than laser? the blue laser died too for unexplained reasons.
    I have few picture I could show u, but where is the button to attach file in you forum?

ANY HELP would be amazing, before I throw the damn thing by the window! lol
    I do have a friend next to me with a bit of electrotek knowledge ready to solder anything we want, he has never seen a laser before unfortunetly.

Raphael

EVMA trade on eBay... They re-sold cheap chinese stuff... I think I have a unit of theirs in a box of broken bits in my warehouse...

You need to post some pictures of the bits you're referring to so we can get a better idea of what the problem might be...
    Also, if you fill in your location, someone local might be able to help in person
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Default pix

I tried to post some pix, cannot seem to scale them down,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151026_001.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	48794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151026_001.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	48794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151026_003.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	48795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151026_004.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	48796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151026_004.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	48796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151026_005.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	48797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151027_001.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	48798

I emailed the chinese people about some notice on how to use laser, and they said ; dear
    have you give a 5vdc as analog or ttl to it? we were trying to plug that in to 220v lol since the data sheet said from 110 to 220v, the green laser came with massive ac unit I thought was for converting 220 to 5v.
    Thats an other question for you guys, since in that projector we have a ac box providing all the mini voltages, do we really need that big AC that came with green laser? anyway it fits in projector if we need.
    THX

the projector is a pure diode 1300 RGB

Ha yes forgot to tel you my location I live in Edinburgh Scotland, any experts around Edinburgh? that would be amazing because otherwise I might have to send it back to germany if I dont succeed in repairing it myself! thx

Gashead (Nigel) is near Edinburgh, he may be able to assist if he's around and has time. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...p/2011-gashead.

Send him a message and ask if he might be able to assist you. I don't know how busy he is or anything (I imagine rather busy given work/family) so don't take this as me volunteering his services.

cool great I will do thx