Thread: SP T20 Power Supply Help

Default SP T20 Power Supply Help

I have a T20 with head I'm looking to use with a galvo set for marking. I've run into a few problems on the initial power up of the T20 unit itself. Initially the display lit up, and it began to power up, eventually halting at a cooling system failure. I restarted it a few times checking the compressor, and now the display does not turn on when powered up and no startup sequence begins other than the internal fan starts up. Does anybody have any experience with these or a troubleshooting manual by chance? I am willing to pay for assistance at this point as I have quite a bit of money sitting here....

I am guessing this is a CO2 laser? the very first things i would check for are evil dust bunnies that need to be slain, second is the thermistor used for sensing temp and 3rd checking the capacitors for swelling, over heating or leaking, most items act in a random fashion is any or all of the above happen, other then that i know nothing of this laser
    oh and sighns of heat stress, discolored parts with the board under being discolored or ring cracks on the solder, use magnification for that
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Thanks for the reply. It is actually a newer DPSS system, the power supply has a refrigerated cooling system for a diode stack that is then sent through an external armored cable to the separate pump head. Those are some good ideas, I'll check when I get a chance...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Have you called SP? Their technical support is among the best in the world, and they just need a head and psu serial # to talk to you.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

SERIOUSLY?!?!

Didn't consider that. Most things I deal with nobody will talk to you unless you were the original purchaser and have purchased and extended service contract.... I'll certainly give it a try and let you guys know how it turns out.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Only a few times have they turned me down in 20 years.. Don't expect schematics, but if its just a manual or error codes, or a hook-up diagram, you'll probably get it. Very professional. Also depends on how you talk to them. It you act like an unskilled newbie you'll get treated like one. If you ask reasonable questions they will bend over backwards.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Also depends on how you talk to them. It you act like an unskilled newbie you'll get treated like one.
    THIS.

Funny how many people overlook this simple concept in life....