Thread: Laserscope Water Fittings

Default Laserscope Water Fittings

I finally got around to getting a new DI filter for my Laserscope 803, to hopefully get it operational. Soaked the filter, filled the tank with water, turned on the pump and it's Niagra Falls coming out of one of the nylon fittings in the manifold just above the DI filter holder. A little more investigating and turns out all of the little bastards are leaking some, but not like the one in the manifold. Looks like the sealant failed around it. I tried teflon tape, but after 6 wraps could still turn the nylon fitting all the way in to the hilt with my fingers! That HAS to be a thread mismatch. Explains the sealant. Did they send them out new like that?!?!!!

Anyway, I want to replace all of them. Is there anything special about them? Will any 1/8 NPT to 1/8 compression fitting work? Does anyone know the deal with the apparent mismatch between the manifold's hole and the fitting? I'd expect the fitting to tighten up half way in.

Could it be the difference between npt (national pipe thread ) and bsp ( british standard pipe)?

Turns out it was just that the bottom few threads of the nylon fitting were totally stripped. All the others in the block of six are twisted in to the hilt with some kind of hard sealant. Anyway, I found some on the web for $0.53 each, replaced the one with a couple turns of teflon tape (went in properly), tightened the caps of the others, and no leaks!

nice one brother!

First Light for me with this '91 model 803, goggles firmly in place. I want to keep this one as intact as possible for the collection.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laserscope First Light.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	431.3 KB 
ID:	48886