Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updates

Anyone else here with comcast as their registered email? It's starting to look like comcast is starting to act like hotmail now.

Right, so I kind of figured it out. It's the same deal as with hotmail. The provider here is on a number of spam blacklists and most, if not all, of the script generated emails are dropped without a reply error at the recipients end. Comcast is hit or miss. Hotmail is miss and miss.

I find it odd that a well known hosting company would be administratively denied mail transport privs but it seems that there are simply way too many insecure installs that spammers exploit.

I don't even know who to yell at about this, or if it would do any good. I'll keep working on it.

If someone is having this problem, I suggest setting up a GMAIL account. It's free, it's easy to link to your phone so you get instant alerts, and best of all: you won't have to worry about them blacklisting the provider that hosts PL!

Adam

sorry to thread hi-jack, admin is it possible to get a like button?

so when someone makes a post you can just click like so they know you like it, rather than having to reply?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I like this post.
    This space for rent.

don't even know who to yell at about this, or if it would do any good. I'll keep working on it.
    Thanks

I suggest setting up a GMAIL account.
    I could, but I have no other need for that account, so directly logging on every so often is about the same.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you can probably set up a forwarder on the gmail side to bounce things to your real address.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Thanks

I could, but I have no other need for that account, so directly logging on every so often is about the same.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.