Thread: Y axis scanner issue

Default Y axis scanner issue

Hi all,

I fired up the lasers and found a slight issue with one of them. It is a LightSpace Venus II 2.9

There is a slight 'wobble' on the Y axis. This happens with ILDA or onboard signals. I have disconnected and reseated all connectors to do with the Y axis and the problem still persists.

It is very minimal but certainly detectable on static or slow moving images and is obviously intensified over distance. It is as if the laser is being held by hand and trying to be held steady.

I am have emailed Walt about this as they are or should be still under warranty but figured I'd reach out here to serif there is anything I can try.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Rich

Check the ground connections going to the Y amp. Swap the X input and Y input signals to the amps and see if the problem stays with Y or if X exhibits the problem too. I would suspect a grounding issue though.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Swapped the X and Y input signals to the amps and their was no 'wobble' present which seemed odd so I swapped them back and the wobble occurred again.

I swapped the X and Y again and again there was no wobble however this time when I switched back to the normal config the wobble has gone.

I am using a different laptop as my normal machine is doing a massive update so I'll check again when it has completed (probably tomorrow).

Maybe it was a bit of dirt or grease or something on one of the connectors that gave a slightly intermittent connection.

Cheers
    Rich

Could possibly be a loose ground and it is making momentary contact. If working, hopefully the problem doesn't repeat. Good luck!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I'll check it again later to see if it is still ok. I could aways replace the signal cable as I have a few spares kicking around from some previous projects.