Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Paris

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    The issue with these "immigrants" will not go away.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...amic-terrorism

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...otel-Mali.html

Despite Obama's rant that we are afraid of orphans and widows. The facts keep interfering with this fantasy.
    i don't want paranoia, racism, or xenophobia to be part of my values or my county's values.

every wave of immigrants says the next one is the bad one.
    There are much bigger fish to fry...

http://www.cis.org/cadman/visa-waive...eland-security

The risks are at multiple levels. There is the poor uneducated young man who is a suicide bomber like some of the participants in Paris and the educated religious zealot who enters on a visa like Atta and the university students that Zuckerberg is pushing so hard for. Many of our administration officials act even in interviews today (11/20) like it is possible, but a stretch that ISIS might actually infiltrate the West through the refugee corridor. They aren't that stupid. They are simply criminally corrupt. Of course we'll get hit. ISIS can't be that incompetent. We have millions of people in this country that are unknown. We probably have thousands of terrorists currently in this country. They didn't just start producing them with the Syrian crisis or even with the rise of ISIS.

This is the most corrupt and at the same time incompetent administration in the history of this country. The real question is how the citizens will deal with with the aftermath of terror and the continuing conflict when they are at odds with their federal government. Impeaching Obama will never happen and it wouldn't fix this anyway because both parties and congress are complicit in the rise of this national disconnect. It's pretty frightening.

"This is the most corrupt and at the same time incompetent administration in the history of this country."

Um, I think you meant this one, before he was CEO of Halliburton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9YuD9kYK9I

?
    This space for rent.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

it all boils down to the illuminati, of course.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

The problem for Jindal, Abbott and the other governors opposed to admitting refugees, however, is that there is no lawful means that permits a state government to dictate immigration policy to the president in this way. As the Supreme Court explained in Hines v. Davidowitz, “the supremacy of the national power in the general field of foreign affairs, including power over immigration, naturalization and deportation, is made clear by the Constitution.” States do not get to overrule the federal government on matters such as this one.
    That's right. And it's probably best. Otherwise, you could have chaos with each state setting standards that will impact everyone, even including states without a national border. But what are the ramifications of a rogue federal government? This undermines the legitimacy of federal law. Why should we obey if they feel no obligation to obey. Morality cannot be a one way street. This itself will lead to chaos. The refugees are tearing the camouflage away from our leader's scam. Its not Republicans vs Democrats. Its Individualists vs Statests and with this disregard for the rule of law there are no boundarys and civil disruption even war is threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post

it all boils down to the illuminati, of course.
    Don't forget about the Bilderbergers, the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations... New World Order- Novus Ordo Seclorum!!!

Oh, and let's not forget the biggest conspiracy threat of all...

Last edited by dchammonds; 11-21-2015 at 19:39.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Don't forget about the Bilderbergers, the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations... New World Order- Novus Ordo Seclorum!!!
    that's exactly what i'm talking about!

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Um, I think you meant this one, before he was CEO of Halliburton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9YuD9kYK9I
    No, I meant what I said. But, that doesn't mean there weren't some strong contenders. The problem is you have to combine corrupt WITH incompetence. Your choice, I would put high on the corrupt, but less high on the incompetence list (they largely knew what they were doing). Carter was very high on the incompetence list, but low on the corruption list; he meant well. Woodrow Wilson was a sh*t, but pretty competent. It's an interesting list and hard to populate without a little personal agenda creeping in.

I am not, nor have I ever been a member of the.....fill in the blank, party. When governments get so big they can't help but to become intrusive; either side of any policy, you are either a target or an advocate.

My perspective is that lasers are a hobby for me and a significantly less important one than history/politics. It's a little like the furor that erupts when some jamoke with a laser pointer points it in the wrong direction and all the more knowledgeable people here discuss the real risks and solutions. The general public outcry is taken with some skepticism and weighed against the costs and benefits of restrictions vs freedom. When you read history and read a lot of it, the political systems become less of a black box and the mantras "I hate G. Bush, Obama hates America, Clinton raped so and so, Regan was senile and Nancy ruled with a ouija board", makes you roll your eyes and try to present a little perspective. These politicians are not better than us, smarter than us or necessarily worse. They aren't angels or devils, but they are given a lot of power and we have to watch them very closely, much more closely than most of us bother to.

Swami,
    How do you find that stuff? It's perfect!
    Last edited by planters; 11-22-2015 at 04:10. Reason: spelling