Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's an app for that!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default There's an app for that!

Ok smart people. Question....
    I left my phone at home on my charger. It's turned on. Got halfway to work and realized it was there and thought... I wonder if there some way I can check it from my computer or iPad to see if I've gotten any texts or calls while I'm stuck at work? It's an iPhone 5S and I have AT&T and the service provider. I have my iPad Air here at work. And of course PC's.
    Is there an app for that? If not.... there ought to be! (There is your million dollar idea for the day.)

I know for example, it can work in reverse because I use LogMeIn all the time from home and on my phone to access my PC at work and do things remotely.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

enable icloud on your laptop, phone, and ipad and log them into the same account.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Ok smart people. Question....
    I left my phone at home on my charger. It's turned on. Got halfway to work and realized it was there and thought... I wonder if there some way I can check it from my computer or iPad to see if I've gotten any texts or calls while I'm stuck at work? It's an iPhone 5S and I have AT&T and the service provider. I have my iPad Air here at work. And of course PC's.
    Is there an app for that? If not.... there ought to be! (There is your million dollar idea for the day.)

I know for example, it can work in reverse because I use LogMeIn all the time from home and on my phone to access my PC at work and do things remotely.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

yes in the uk if your on o2 you can use TUGO
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Doesn't that mean I have to go home and make sure iCloud is enabled on my phone - thus rendering it pointless?
    PM Sent...

Doesn't that mean I have to go home and make sure iCloud is enabled on my phone - thus rendering it pointless?
    usually you're prompted to configure that at setup / upgrade time... did you skip that step?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

And if I'm not in the UK, I can use a TUGO to carry around a beer strapped to my luggage in an airport. https://goodtugo.com/
    PM Sent...

And if I'm not in the UK, I can use a TUGO to carry around a beer strapped to my luggage in an airport. https://goodtugo.com/
    now that's a speciality product!

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    usually you're prompted to configure that at setup / upgrade time... did you skip that step?
    I'm not entirely certain I've turned it on. It keeps wanting me to but, I haven't because doesn't that mean Apple keeps watch over every little thing I do? Bad enough I possess 2 Apple devices, let alone give them access to see everything.
    PM Sent...

I did on the tablet though because it looks like my storage space has dropped and it has my tablet backed up to the cloud. I'm still not "up" on all this Apple crap.
    PM Sent...

I did on the tablet though because it looks like my storage space has dropped and it has my tablet backed up to the cloud. I'm still not "up" on all this Apple crap.
    the nice thing is when everything is connected, you can respond to calls and text messages (at least from other icloud users) on your laptop, ipad, phone, breakfast burrito, etc..