Thread: question on high voltage signs

Default question on high voltage signs

As standard practice i put high voltage warning stickers on high voltage stuff but i have a metal sign i was thinking of putting on the door to my house as when you enter some of that equipment is in the same room and used there as well, would putting the sign on my door be a good thing or a liability? i dont usually have quests and if i did have some one over they would not be allowed near the stuff but i was wondering about the sign outside or just keep it inside since this is a residence, i think it may possibly disturb my neighbors so that is a concern as well, so what would do you guys do ? i think it would be the same as a laser warning sign?
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

I would say for a normal residential house it was probably overkill unless you are likely to have unprotected EHT which is easily touchable by an unattended child - but if that was the case, then I suspect no amount of notices would help with liability (in the UK at any rate) we have to protect people from their own stupidity - or in the case of children, natural curiosity.

If you are going to ensure that nobody touches things when they are a guest, I suppose the only concern MIGHT be for anyone that would need to enter in an emergency (fire, police, ambulance). If you can make things sufficiently safe that people will not touch them, I would be tempted to leave it at that.

You probably don't want a fire officer or a medic refusing to enter to pull you to safety / save your life because you have an EHT rig in the corner happily doing its own thing and a notice on the door worrying him without good cause.

Personally the only places I plonk notices are on "inside doors" or on one locked outbuilding which contains toxic materials (metal plating / etching chemicals etc).

Thanks that sounds like a good idea, I know areas where i have my fireworks supplies are marked with "chemical storage" but that is on the inside the house and only on the closet and room where the stuff is at
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu