Thread: Neo-Neon NLD100G

Default Neo-Neon NLD100G

Hello to all,this is my opening post. I am a self employed electronics engineer. Having repaired this Neo-Neon model NLD100G Laser projector, it seems I have now inherited it! It runs through a default sequence of 3/4 minutes, does anyone know of any software available for this machine to get it to display specific messages?
    On the back there is a socket RS232 called Interlock with a plug in and pins 5 and 9 shorted out. Also on the rear, a parallel port socket marked ILDA, also DMX in and out.
    On the top of the machine there is another RS232 male socket marked Content Upload.
    The UK importer has no info on this machine. So any help or advice would be great!

The ILDA port uses a special cable running to a DAC. That seems to be the most common way to send the show signals. Most current DACs are either plugged into a PC using a USB cable, installed in a PCI port or controlled over a network. There are some that also accept pre-programmed SD cards for example. DMX can also be used for shows. It's limited from what I understand though.

So basically you need a computer with laser show software, a DAC, and the cables to connect everything. The projector will start doing it's part once you have all the hardware and software correctly configured. It will be controlled through the DAC by whatever software you're using.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the ilda connector (db25) is a standard laser projector control connector. you will need laser control software and a dac (digital to analog converter).

if you're interested in mashing buttons and making light quickly and easily, pangolin's quickshow/fb3 dac is a good product. if you're interested in doing more elaborate and advanced programming without breaking the bank LSX/etherdream dac is an excellent value (it's what i use).

pangolin's beyond/fb3 is also very good, but quite expensive. there's a number of other packages, dynamics, gls, medialase, etc.. i'm sure others will chime in with suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by rodnro View Post
    Hello to all,this is my opening post. I am a self employed electronics engineer. Having repaired this Neo-Neon model NLD100G Laser projector, it seems I have now inherited it! It runs through a default sequence of 3/4 minutes, does anyone know of any software available for this machine to get it to display specific messages?
    On the back there is a socket RS232 called Interlock with a plug in and pins 5 and 9 shorted out. Also on the rear, a parallel port socket marked ILDA, also DMX in and out.
    On the top of the machine there is another RS232 male socket marked Content Upload.
    The UK importer has no info on this machine. So any help or advice would be great!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks for your instant help,all i would need is the most basic set up (i hope),i am on the local commity for the Christmas lights in the town and would like just to project on to a building some messages such as HAPPY CHRISTMAS,HAPPY NEW YEAR,that sort of thing,nothing i hope too elaborate or is it all or nothing?Is any of the software you mention free? Any recommendations for DAC's on E_BAY,Thanks again for your help.It's pouring with rain and blowing a gale in southern UK.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

before you proceed, please investigate local laws and regulations for laser shows. i don't know what they are in the UK, but you may find yourself with issues if you just start projecting onto buildings..

Quote Originally Posted by rodnro View Post
    Thanks for your instant help,all i would need is the most basic set up (i hope),i am on the local commity for the Christmas lights in the town and would like just to project on to a building some messages such as HAPPY CHRISTMAS,HAPPY NEW YEAR,that sort of thing,nothing i hope too elaborate or is it all or nothing?Is any of the software you mention free? Any recommendations for DAC's on E_BAY,Thanks again for your help.It's pouring with rain and blowing a gale in southern UK.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I cant wait for others to chime in on DAC's and software too, the bb gun bug bit me for 200 this month so cheap options ay be the best.

There are DAC's that are made from sounds cards, you need 7.1 capable cards and external one are the best to mod, mine is a mod by a guy that has the user name laser boy, his software is command line and i am still struggling with but he has his own site, i cant think of the names for the lower cost ones though, dang. i hope more people will chime in
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

I better check that Swamidog! As you can guess i am not up to speed on this sort of gear but your advice is very welcome,would any one have a circuit diagram or a drivers manual,it's only seven years old and allready seems past it's sell by date.The main micro is a ADUC841 with extra flash memory chip.I hope i could build something with all the junk in my workshop,it sounds fun.The town where i live has its big day on Sat 5th December,when Lord Leconfields granchildren do the honours and turn on the lights.