Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green machine.. bolting down started

Cool

Hey Ray;

RE: having two identical projectors... You might want to wire in a switch (DPDT) on one of them so you can invert the X signal going to the X amp. Then split the output from your pangolin board and feed the same signal to both projectors, but flip the "invert x" switch on. If you place your projectors on either side of the room, the beams will converge (or diverge), which looks a lot better (to me at least!) than having them move back and fourth in a windshield wiper pattern.

I've seen this done a few times, and it really looks great. (Well, for beam shows anyway.)

Adam

Very clean setup. Me - like it.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Hey Ray;

RE: having two identical projectors... You might want to wire in a switch (DPDT) on one of them so you can invert the X signal going to the X amp. Then split the output from your pangolin board and feed the same signal to both projectors, but flip the "invert x" switch on. If you place your projectors on either side of the room, the beams will converge (or diverge), which looks a lot better (to me at least!) than having them move back and fourth in a windshield wiper pattern.

I've seen this done a few times, and it really looks great. (Well, for beam shows anyway.)

Adam
    Or he can just use the invert jumpers on the scan amps Or even better, what we are doing in our projectors is a small DMX board that allows dmx control of Invert X and shutter, allowing for some cool 'chase' effects when used with pangolin
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the tips you guys..
    With the idea of a switch for X is there any danger in switching while the unit is running or would you simply use it as a pre set prior to the galvos powering up ?

BUT guess what !!! IT WORKS yeeeeeeeehah !!

Got some funny things happening but that probably me and Pangolin getting to know each other.

Any ideas on how you set the scan angle ?? I see how to adjust it on the projector setup dialogue but its in % not in degrees.. do you have to make up some angle device and actually measure it physically. The reason I ask is it says for "30K set angle to about 10 degrees" ( I assume that's +/- 5deg).
    I do know already if you move it too far things start to fall apart and the 'picture' flickers badly the test grid then gets 'rounded corners' etc. Any suggestions on how to measure ten degrees out of the laser ??

Anyway it works, I can even run the Pangolin logo / text sample with the program and it looks great.

Some more pix to follow shortly..

Cheers
    Ray
    NZ

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post

Any ideas on how you set the scan angle ??
    There is a formula on Pangolin's site I can't find ATM. I have it bookmarked at home. If no one posts it by the time I get there... hour or so, I'll post it. I think you take the distance from you scanners to the wall, and the width of the image... but there is no angle setting in Pangolin, you have to do the math...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    There is a formula on Pangolin's site I can't find ATM. I have it bookmarked at home. If no one posts it by the time I get there... hour or so, I'll post it. I think you take the distance from you scanners to the wall, and the width of the image... but there is no angle setting in Pangolin, you have to do the math...
    http://pangolin.com/userhelp/scanangles.htm