Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-laser be aware- very abussive 20% re-stocking fee

X-Laser reach me to get an agreement. Their customer service worked.
    Last edited by myanezt; 11-27-2015 at 09:11.

Apparent brightness is a scam… Honest manufacturers give actual specs, not apparent brightness… Edited for x-laser.
    Last edited by slicklasers; 11-28-2015 at 01:29.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Apparent brightness is a scam… Honest manufacturers give actual specs, not apparent brightness… We can get you into a brand new CDRH varianced projector, all diode, 100k analog modulation, full color, 4watt, 1watt 638nm, 1wattt 520nm, 2watts 445nm, 4mm beam with 1.5mRad divergence, 30k system for $2k with your variance. We file for you instead of having to fill out there paperwork yourself. This laser would need a control system as it is ILDA only, but we can get you a FB3 with quick show for a great deal if interested.
    I heard about these this weekend. Be a good idea to jump on one. Or three.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Apparent brightness is a scam… Honest manufacturers give actual specs, not apparent brightness… We can get you into a brand new CDRH varianced projector, all diode, 100k analog modulation, full color, 4watt, 1watt 638nm, 1wattt 520nm, 2watts 445nm, 4mm beam with 1.5mRad divergence, 30k system for $2k with your variance. We file for you instead of having to fill out there paperwork yourself. This laser would need a control system as it is ILDA only, but we can get you a FB3 with quick show for a great deal if interested.
    that's a great price. got pics and details?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I could be interested in a pair of these. Can you PM me some more info please.
    Cheers

i would never buy a laser based on "apparent" specs, vs. buying from a seller with actual measured specs/ power.
    I'm guessing they're target market is DJ's and nightclubs.

But that's just me ��
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Apparent brightness is a scam… Honest manufacturers give actual specs, not apparent brightness…
    I have to say that X Laser (USA) are generally a very reputable company whose employees have always been very helpful on here.

That said, I personally do think that apparent brightness is very subjective. Always best to buy on watts, that way if it's unusually bright, it's a bonus and if it's too bright, you can always turn it down. If it's usual brightness, you have the comfort of knowing you have a laser of Y power that's the usual brightness for Y power and you are happy in that. Either way, buy on watts and you win.

So quality of optics have no bias on final output power?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I have to say that X Laser (USA) are generally a very reputable company whose employees have always been very helpful on here.

That said, I personally do think that apparent brightness is very subjective. Always best to buy on watts, that way if it's unusually bright, it's a bonus and if it's too bright, you can always turn it down. If it's usual brightness, you have the comfort of knowing you have a laser of Y power that's the usual brightness for Y power and you are happy in that. Either way, buy on watts and you win.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I will post an ad in the Buy/Sell/Trade. Check there for full pics and specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    that's a great price. got pics and details?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo
    But by your own admission, there was nothing wrong with the projector. It just didn't look as bright as you thought it should.
    Actually no. It didn't appear as bright as THEY said it would appear. So it really wasn't as described. By using such a thing as 'apparent brightness' to sell their lasers, they've really made their own bed.

The proof of the pudding is that it was tested next to a laser of that ACTUAL power rating, and found wanting.

I'd certainly be looking to return it and get a refund or exchanged for one that actually DOES look as bright as a projector it claims to be as bright as.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.