Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SwissLas company review

Question SwissLas company review

Hello dear fellows

I tried to find some reviews about SwissLas company , about PureMicro or PureLight series lasers products .I tried hard on Google but nothing . I hope to find a honest review about SwissLas company and their products.
    Could you write some words about your experience with SwissLas ? From what I know SwissLas is not the same with Laserworld which is a just an reseller . So how good are their lasers ? Is a honest company ? Could they guarantee about diode power and scanners speed ? Could you make here a top of lasers companies like Kvant, HB, SwissLas, etc.. to understand on a scale where are some lasers?

Thank you very much and Best Regards and I hope you could find some minutes to write something about this subject .

John

Hi john.

I have some SwissLas PM1800's. They're a few years old now but I like them.
    They're very small units and have a very nice tight beam.
    On the downside they use an external powersupply to keep the unit small and are typically very blue heavy producing a blueish white at full power to all colours.
    The new units are all diode and I think they've made some adjustments to the colour balance to bring them more warm white but can't be sure as have not played with any of the new ones yet...

Also, they are not cheap! Typically 2-3x the cost of similar spec units from China... but even though the build quality from China is getting better, I think the SwissLas much better built.

Hope that helps.
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

I have an Laserworld PL green 4,5 and I'like to sell it and to buy a SwissLas 8 watt green ( guarantee 7,5 watt) if is so true. I saw good prices but I don't know too much about this company. Thank you WookieBoy and I wait more reviews if you have time .

Thank you

I look to Pure Micro lasers and I don't see the product name on it . SwissLas is not appear on Pure Micro . Why ? I just ask ? I tried hard to find how serious is a company and how could have trust to send money and to hope to have a specific power beam . I ask myself after a lot of bad things heard it about one or other companies ..If I will spend some k euro and I receive a half power at my home ??? How could have trust ? Maybe must to not buy on internet . Maybe must to travel there and to see with my own eyes some measurements and after that to buy it no ?

In all this forum just one member could say 2 words about SwissLas ? Could be here a member wit a long experience to post a good and impartial answer about SwissLas PL or PM lasers ? About why is not so well to have an external power supply or about how true could be their power beam specification .How honest and serious company is SwissLas or a top of lasers . ???

I think the reason not many here comment is that this forum is primarily a place where people build their own lasers or buy on a budget.
    Hence you'll not find many people here with much experience of high end laser kit.
    There are a few, just not loads, and of that few there are many high end laser manufacturers for them to spend their money with...

SwissLas are a reputable company, but distributed by LaserWorld who don't have the best reputation on here...

If you have the budget, also look at RGBLasersystems in Hungary, LightLine in Germany, Kvant, RTI and MediaLas.
    If I had the money, I'd probably be looking at these...
    http://www.lightline.de/english/home.html
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Laserworld did a honest step forward recently by finally advertising the real specs of the lasers they sell, instead of some unreachable theoretical numbers way above the real specs, so they made a step up in my opinion...

About Swisslas, they build quite good lasers, small units with good beam specs, good build quality and a reasonable price so you can go for it without too much worrying, just that external PSU is a little annoying and useless IMHO, and of course blue-overpowered to cheaply boost the advertised power. They are on par with other "mid-level"systems offered by brands like Kvant, RGBLaserSystem, Tarm, HB-Laser, Medialas, LPS-Laser or many others, so your choices are really vast

I don't own a Swisslas laser personally but I saw them in action (last time was last week-end) and they are looking very good.

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    If you have the budget, also look at RGBLasersystems in Hungary, LightLine in Germany, Kvant, RTI and MediaLas.
    If I had the money, I'd probably be looking at these...
    http://www.lightline.de/english/home.html
    Well Lightline and RTi are top high-end laser systems and the price is accordingly high ^^ Nothing comparable with Swisslas or others...

I heard a lot of things about Laserworld . I don't want to say too much but If I will buy directly from SwissLas ? not via Laserworld . Some peoples told me exactly like you SBK that SwissLas is good and more quality like other lasers products with Laserworld label on it.
    Laserworld is just a reseller and other things they do is to put some components in a box with their label on it . SwissLas seems to be better.
    If I did something wrong please tell me .
    Thank you very much guys for your time .
    John

I saw this unit http://www.swisslas-laser.com/pureli...ow-laser-light
    a good price for this power . I guess it have true 7,5 watt.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by cushcush View Post
    I saw this unit http://www.swisslas-laser.com/pureli...ow-laser-light
    a good price for this power . I guess it have true 7,5 watt.
    their specs are a little confusing;

Total Power typical: 9'000mW

Guaranteed power at aperture: 8'000mW

Power Green: >7'500mW / 532nm

I wonder which it really is?